• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Check for copyright?

Ken1f

I have a client that wants this image. He said that it was ok to use but I wanted to check first. I did a Tineye.com reverse image search and found nothing but when I did a Google reverse image search I came up with 4 or more different companies in foreign countries all using it with just different colors but the same image.
I'm guessing that since they are all using it that it might be a clipart image. How would I find out if it is Copyrighted and who the owner may be?

Thank you

Attachments

• globe.jpg
    globe.jpg
    25.2 KB · Views: 101

DIGIXTRA

Digixtra
If you are in doubt then don't take any guessing from what you see on the internet unless you spend time to investigate that sources again. Why don't you simply ask customer to sign a consent letter?
My 2 cents.

royster13

If you are in doubt then don't take any guessing from what you see on the internet unless you spend time to investigate that sources again. Why don't you simply ask customer to sign a consent letter?
My 2 cents.

What good is that?.....A "hold harmless agreement" is only as good as the client's ability to pay any damages awarded.....And the plaintiff is not a party to the agreement....So they can still sue you....Damages, if any are typically issued on a jointly and severally liable basis so the plaintiff can get their money from whoever has the deepest pockets....If it is you, then you have to try and recover from your client...

Gino

Premium Subscriber
What good is that?.....A "hold harmless agreement" is only as good as the client's ability to pay any damages awarded.....And the plaintiff is not a party to the agreement....So they can still sue you....Damages, if any are typically issued on a jointly and severally liable basis so the plaintiff can get their money from whoever has the deepest pockets....If it is you, then you have to try and recover from your client...

I kinda agree with these statements. You are the party duplicating the prints. It's your responsibility to know what you can and can not do with your equipment. Otherwise, I'd just get Joe Jabip to sign a waiver and start printing $20 bills. He said I could. He signed a paper saying I could, so I did. :noway:

DIGIXTRA

Digixtra
I kinda agree with these statements. You are the party duplicating the prints. It's your responsibility to know what you can and can not do with your equipment. Otherwise, I'd just get Joe Jabip to sign a waiver and start printing $20 bills. He said I could. He signed a paper saying I could, so I did. :noway:

Hmmm.. making sense. I did not think about this. Thanks for the enlightenment. This fact could save me trouble in the future ...

Locals Find!

This thread reminded me of an old saying I grew up hearing from my mother that would apply well here. "If in doubt throw it out"

If your in doubt about the artwork being legal to reproduce throw it out, and do something different.

TyrantDesigner

Art! Hot and fresh.
As much as I hate to agree with Addy ... if you're truly concerned about copyright issues ... there are plenty of better options to propose to your client. http://cliparto.com/image/3140326-road/ is one just searched by 'globe road' among others that are much higher quality than he wants. ... and it's only $4 for vector ... it will cost you 3-10 times that much in man hours to vector and convert the customers art to be clean and pass quality control.