• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Need Help Check Off List for Jobs being done

Thesignexpress

Help!

I need help creating a check-off list / sign project list for my guys when they go and do an outside job!
Can you post what your list looks like?

jfiscus

Rap Master
What kinds of jobs? there are huge differences just between vehicle graphics jobs, let along regular signage, etc.

Gino

Premium Subscriber
At the top of the list, in this kinda weather, make sure they have their string mittens connected.

Z SIGNS

sticky notes on a board.Write down what needs to be done.When the job is done throw the note in the garbage.

Thesignexpress

sticky notes on a board.Write down what needs to be done.When the job is done throw the note in the garbage.

My guys are so swamped that they tend to forget things like tools, laptops, etc. I am working on a check-off list for them to take with them.

Do you ever use a job completion form for the customer? For instance if your guys go install a sign do they have the customer sign off on it?

Starter

For our installs we created a 4x8 ACM with dry erase. It has slots for customer name, inside/outside work, boom truck/ladder, number of persons needed....notes etc. Works very well and simply wipe off when job is completed.

GB2

Old Member
This is actually a very good topic that could be very different for everybody depending on your personal situation. I think in a perfect world, you should have all your trucks or service vehicles equipped and set up exactly the same way. You should even have a schematic diagram of that set up with all the tools and supplies listed. This way they should have whatever they need at all times and everyone knows exactly where it is and...where to put it away when they are done. Additionally, if a particular job requires a special tool that might not be standard on the service vehicle, then it should be noted on the work order for that job. A sign-off / completion sheet is a good idea too. This insures that the customer confirms they are satisfied, the job is correct, complete and the sign is working at time of completion, when the installation crew leaves.