• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Chevron Production

the graphics co

Hi,

Does anyone here produce chevron graphics for vehicles? I am looking to create a printed chevron pattern to apply to a few hundred vehicles. I am looking for some advice on best practices for production, cutting, and so on.

sagesign

I would look at Oracal's Oralite V98, which is pre-printed 30" chevron striping. Or Avery's V-8000 if you want to print your own.

letterman7

A few hundred? Good contract. You'll need to confirm what the vehicle "code" will be - if they are fire engines, they will need the 3M DG3 or equivalent. You can't print that stuff without specific printers, so typically you'll overlay a translucent red on the white or lime green. Support vehicles don't need the DG3, so you can print your own. If there are many of the same vehicle, make a template for that (those) vehicles and print away...

jfiscus

Rap Master
Even though the NFPA regualtion has been out for quite a few years now specifying the required materials for chevron striping, the majority of what we do still does NOT comply due to customer/dept requests. Some customers know & understand the reasons for the regulations/material, and some don't care at all.