• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Chevy Fiberglass Box Tk Whith Powder?

printman716

Can anybody tell me how to get the white power off a Chevy Box Tk in one easy wipe??? Is there a Chem I could use besides Compond Wax....Tks In Advance Phil

dman0427

I use a degreaser watered down about 50-50 (sometimes stronger if I'm feeling brave or if the surface is really bad)
You have to be very careful though or it will leave streaks and spots that wont come out.

I do it in sections...We will spray it, use a good car wash brush to scrub it, then rinse it.

Try to scrub right after you spray a section or you'll get streaks. And rinse right away.

Hope this helps. Attempt at your own risk! (maybe try a panel on the back door or something small and inconspicuous)

dman0427

I think some RV places sell something that is used to remove the oxidation too. But I think it basically does the same thing.

auto accents sc

When we have a box truck or trailer that has a lot of oxidation, we take a car wash brush and spray the bristles with greased lightning, wet the truck and wash and rinse. Sometimes it looks like milk running off but you are good to go.