• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Question Chevy Silverado Special Ops graphics package

GAC05

Quit buggin' me
2016-Chevrolet-Silverado-Special-Operations.jpg
Anyone know if this stripe kit is available outside of the Chevy dealer's parts department?
Got a customer that needs to have a couple of panels replaced. They wanted to know if I could print it. Doing just a spot repair I don't think I can. It looks like maybe 1080 flat black overprinted with black or grey to end up with 2 shades of black. I'm thinking if I could even hit the same shade of grey the matte lam would tint it green or blue or brown.
More than 30 years of dealing with customers who own black vehicles tells me this will not end well for me without ordering the OEM kit.
Maybe someone here is the shop doing these special editions.

Thanks
wayne k
guam usa

visual800

It looks cool! As new as this is I would not imagine anyone having the stripes yet, I wouldnt even touch this without him doing the dealership. prepare the raping

papabud

Lone Wolf
thats does look cool. i havent seen this in person yet, but could it just be a simple matte black cut vinyl. fdc makes a very nice matte black i have used on different trucks

Billct2

"the dealership. prepare the raping"
An appropriate spelling error considering what the dealerships charge for graphic replacements

CreatedDesigns

From the picture it looks like plain matte black cut vinyl. Where does the printing come in? I must be missing something.

GAC05

Quit buggin' me
From the picture it looks like plain matte black cut vinyl. Where does the printing come in? I must be missing something.

Thanks all that have replied.
Up close this is a really nice looking truck.
This photo is a little confusing I think because of the studio lighting and some photo filters they've dropped on it. The graphic on both doors is one piece including the darker section in the center.You can see the cutout around the handles on both doors.
It shows a little better in this outside shot. Definitively printed vinyl and not paint. Tailgate & hood has the same treatment.
Installation is almost flawless, micro fillets on all the corners. edges are cut back about an 1/8th - nothing is folded into the openings.
I figured I'd give it a shot here before letting them know that they will have to order it from the dealer - most likely the whole kit.

Thanks again
cq5dam.web_.1280.1280_20.jpeg

equippaint

I thought you were in Guam or is that just a random picture of the truck?
I took my daughter to that museum last weekend. Cool place

GAC05

Quit buggin' me
I thought you were in Guam or is that just a random picture of the truck?
I took my daughter to that museum last weekend. Cool place
Almost random photo I found on line - Chevy partnered with the museum on the truck to help the troops.
There are 4 of these trucks on island but no SEAL - UDT museum here.
Might be a few SEALs here too but no one is supposed to know or talk about them......

wayne k
guam usa