• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Question Cheyenne Cargo Trailer Wrap?

TXFB.INS

curious to see how our pricing comes in on the below trailer specs.

Enclosed Steel Cargo Trailer, flush seams and surface (no rivets)
144"L x 88"H x72"W
paint oxidized and has that white powder coating it

old graphic removal
4 sided plotter vinyl 7+ years old

New graphics, full wrap
Oracal 3751RA & 290 Gloss

removal and prep - $330
design, new wrap & install - $2700

Thanks

jaylem

wow...that's kinda low...really low in our market...if you are doing all four sides on a complete wrap I think you're over 300sq ft. We would charge 10-13 per sq ft plus removal of old decals. It could take a full day to remove and prep for install....depending on how much cut vinyl there is...whithout knowing exactly what went into the design...we would be around 4k

papabud

Lone Wolf
That price seams a little low to me also.
The white powdery coating will be something you will have to deal with also.
figure someone running a buffer with rubbing compound over the entire box to get rid of it enough to wrap it.

boxerbay

I think if the design is not crazy your fine there on the design print and install. Maybe you could use an intermediate cast vinyl vs the premium as it is flat surfaces. removal too low. the removal could be a boar. hard to say without looking at it and testing some of the vinyl to see if it comes off easily or small bits.

Howell

North Florida Printing Co. Inc. / Flash Wraps
Removal price would be higher for me, new vinyl install price is close. I usually am around $10 square foot + artwork minimum of $250.00. I am in North Florida and have been doing wraps for 15 years.

T_K

How would you go about taking care of the chalky coating? I've had to turn a few customers away in the past because we couldn't stick vinyl to the old powdery paint and they didn't want to pay for a new paint job.

equippaint

Pressure wash it then buff it out with some mild compound. Maybe 2-3 hours to get it done. Find a detail guy that will come by and do it if you don't want to.

rjssigns

I'd turn it down. Gotta look at the big picture. Powder coat is so thin by the time you wash and buff it will be see through or gone in a lot of spots. Then when they go to sell it and peel the wrap they'll be wanting you to pay for a repaint.

If you decide to tackle it you should rethink your removal price. I charge shop rate + materials. Point of reference, I did a seemingly simple removal on glass. Still took six hours of miserable work. Used all the tricks in the book and steam worked the best on some of it. Not sure what they used for vinyl, but it was welded to the windows.

2B

agree the removal is too low.
While we try to be as accurate as possible on pricing we also include a clause that once the time goes over you will be charged for the extra time

for the "white powder", we have found LA's Totally Awesome Cleaner is the easiest and cheapest option for removing all of the residue

TXFB.INS

Thanks for the feedback.

project turned out good

went up on the removal / prep work,
The removal wasn't that bad, while old we soaked it heavy in rapid off and then a plastic chisel came up easy

LA's Totally Awesome Cleaner is an AWESOME PRODUCT removed all of the rapid off residue and all of the chalky white powder with much less effort than we have done in the past. if you have not tried / using it go get some. and it is at the dollar store another win win for the price