• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Chiller for laser has gotten VERY loud.

SignProPlus-Chip

I'm running a CFT-75 with my 100 watt Epilogue. Last week we noticed is was low on water, so it was filled but it then got obscenely loud. It now sounds like a small engine is running in the laser room.

I tried googling the issue but really haven't found anything. It seems to still be working OK, but the noise is a big concern.

Any idea what is causing this?

solock

I dont know their chiller configuration, but it sounds like an air block, and the pump is starved for water?
Is there a way to bleed it to ensure that water is in the pump impeller?

SignProPlus-Chip

That was my first thought, sound like a pressure washer when there is air in the system. The maintenance manual is pretty basic, no type of trouble shooting for such things.

I dont know their chiller configuration, but it sounds like an air block, and the pump is starved for water?
Is there a way to bleed it to ensure that water is in the pump impeller?

ThatGuy

I don't know what kind of pump this uses, but possibly a bad bearing in the pump since it started when water was filled? I wouldn't think it is the chiller section unless the low water had it off and it came on with the added water.