• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Chinese Flatbed printer

Mustafa

Hi all,
I would like to buy Chinese flatbed printer so i would to take your recommendation, does any one here have bought a Chinese Flatbed printer and test and would recommend me ?
please help

Pauly

Printrade.com.au
You've got a Fuji Acuity flat bed, why dont you fix the issues first.
The Chinese junk will cost you more later on when that breaks down as no one can fix it for you.

Mustafa

Hi Pauly,
To be honest i have the fuji acuity and Jetrix flat bed printer,
The problem i face is that there is no partner in my country to do the maintenance for fuji printer.
Last time i had a problem i bring the partner from Dubai to fix the problem. I paid more than 8000 $, now again other problem. Also they want to replace bairing and motor and mainboard, so again i have to bay more, and tomorrow you dont know what will happen.
The income of fuji does no cover the mintinance.
And the main point that the company will not give you any help, only through there partner.
And the partner need to replace all parts to know the problem .

I have textill printer from china, if there is any problem i contact the factory and they give me the help.
Secound point what ever will be happened it will not cost you a lot of money. All part is cheap.

The Fuji muchine not for us, they are for US and EU as you can find defferent partners, so there is more competition.
Also its very hard to find some parts for our old machine.

Pauly

Printrade.com.au
Hi Pauly,
To be honest i have the fuji acuity and Jetrix flat bed printer,
The problem i face is that there is no partner in my country to do the maintenance for fuji printer.
Last time i had a problem i bring the partner from Dubai to fix the problem. I paid more than 8000 $, now again other problem. Also they want to replace bairing and motor and mainboard, so again i have to bay more, and tomorrow you dont know what will happen.
The income of fuji does no cover the mintinance.
And the main point that the company will not give you any help, only through there partner.
And the partner need to replace all parts to know the problem .

I have textill printer from china, if there is any problem i contact the factory and they give me the help.
Secound point what ever will be happened it will not cost you a lot of money. All part is cheap.

The Fuji muchine not for us, they are for US and EU as you can find defferent partners, so there is more competition.
Also its very hard to find some parts for our old machine.

Not sure if you know, but Oce (a Canon company) make the Fuji Acuity flat bed printers. They're just re branded by fuji so you may be able to contact an Oce dealer if theres one in your country?

Back on your question though, If you want a new flatbed, you want to buy from a local dealer who can support your printer.
I understand in different countries, there's different brands and support.
Look into Mimaki, Agfa, EFI and Roland. They all have flat bed printer, big names and at least one will have support locally.
There's also SwissQ but i doubt they'd have local support.

Do not buy Chinese.

ivangeer

i bought a chinese uv flatbed. i wanted to try and see how it woyud be. i heard a lot of bad publicity.
i thought that maybe it was just an incident of that complain. i received the printer last year nov. i tried a lot to make it print. this was the worst printer i ever had. So for me i will never never buy a chinese printer again.

chafro

Hi all,
I would like to buy Chinese flatbed printer so i would to take your recommendation, does any one here have bought a Chinese Flatbed printer and test and would recommend me ?
please help

I say sell those two you have and get a swissqprint, you probably won’t need a tech in many years. A lot more reliable than those brands of printers you have. Amazing versatility and quality. And it’s Speed per USD invested is as good as it gets.

They just always work! That’s why you can’t find a used one!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

player

I say sell those two you have and get a swissqprint, you probably won’t need a tech in many years. A lot more reliable than those brands of printers you have. Amazing versatility and quality. And it’s Speed per USD invested is as good as it gets.

Plus you are not supporting the new war on world trade.

Pauly

Printrade.com.au

Dissagree. SwissQ is not a superior build to the Oce machines.
And the OP needs a company that would have local support and SwissQ will most likely not have local support.

Pauly

Printrade.com.au
I dont think Oce/Fuji support is the same overseas like it is here.
We buy directly from Oce, They buy 3rd party.

decalman

Chinese sign equipment should give you the jitters..
I buy chineese dixie cups, and tupperware and even generators, like champion, but draw the line at flatbeds and printers. Too many ways to get a screwing

Ready

Ready To Go
Hi all,
please help
As-salam alaykum... Mustafa... Contact directly Hewlett Packard, Canon, and Swiss Q and ask them where they have the nearest support center. Based on what they say, you might also be more assertive once you have their answers. If they don't have local representation, you might push to be their local representative OR you can be a sight where they can do demonstrations on the printer you finally select.

Worth trying this approach if you can fit it into your business model.

Good luck... Bob Perez, Clearwater, Florida

Jason DeLuca

Dissagree. SwissQ is not a superior build to the Oce machines.
And the OP needs a company that would have local support and SwissQ will most likely not have local support.

Which SwissQprint machine did you have? I think this is the first time I've ever heard someone make this claim. I'd be curious to know what issues you ran into with the printer.

Pauly

Printrade.com.au
Which SwissQprint machine did you have? I think this is the first time I've ever heard someone make this claim. I'd be curious to know what issues you ran into with the printer.

I dont. I know a few techs that have worked on both, and have assembled both brands. I trust their opinions a lot.

Jason DeLuca

You should really check the machine out yourself and compare it that way. I bet you'd be surprised just how much goes into the swissQprint machine

Pauly

Printrade.com.au
You should really check the machine out yourself and compare it that way. I bet you'd be surprised just how much goes into the swissQprint machine
I have... and why i have an Oce.
What i dont like is odd size bed. Cant print 2 1200 x 2400 sheets at a time. (Print 1 sheet, change and load the next) No, i dont like the board option,
I also dont like how the roll has to go over the whole machine.

Yes they may be quicker than mine, but speed isn't a concern as mines quick enough for what we do. And i've also been steered away from dual row of heads many times by techs because of my applications.

Bly

I was kind of interested in SwissQ for my next flatbed printer until I found you can't be setting up one board while the other prints.

chafro

I was kind of interested in SwissQ for my next flatbed printer until I found you can't be setting up one board while the other prints.

Yes that’s a thing that can be improved for sure. We have been pushing for a 250 x 250 for board tandem. still We just finishing printing 6,250 4x8 coroplast in two weeks.... :). And your next print can be a HD direct print on acrylic that looks almost as a fine art facemount: https://instagram.com/p/BhwRm4SFmJL/

It’s very versatile so easy to make money with. If you only print heavy glass like pauly,, it’s probably not for you, but for the other 99% of businesses it’s as good as they get.

Still with the loading time it’s way faster than anything at that price range..... you take seconds to change a board.

4 year running 24 hours a day, 6 days a week... I probably have had less than 48 hours of down time,,, and if you take away a operator mistake... probably less than 8 hours down time. They just print!

Last edited: