• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Chinese New Years affecting anyone else?

bannertime

We heard back from a supplier that a order wouldn't meet a deadline because China is on holiday. First I've ever heard anything like that!

Gino

Premium Subscriber
I thought ya meant ya had Chinese Take Out back on our New Years and you're still sick from it.................

bigben

Yep, it affect us also. So we know now that we have to plan the orders accordingly. At least, our distributor close only 1 week compared to the one before that was closed for a month.

Texas_Signmaker

Very Active Signmaker
Are they really off work for two weeks or a month? Is it like our version of the Christmas season? From mid-December to second week in January nothing gets done.

InstantOneMedia

Generally it's 2 weeks off so all of the workers in the cities can return to the country side to visit their families. Everything begins to back up in early January as everyone is trying to get their orders out before they shut down, and then a few weeks after to get ramped up and caught back up.

Johnny Best

Year of the pig.
Syear of pig.jpg

equippaint

Usually Chinese suppliers will give you plenty of notice. Could be wrong here but IIRC, the government mandates that businesses close during the CNY and only essential services are open/working. I wish we would do that in the USA (on a shortened timeline), a break from commercialization and buying more crap that we don't need would do us all some good..

Usually Chinese suppliers will give you plenty of notice. Could be wrong here but IIRC, the government mandates that businesses close during the CNY and only essential services are open/working. I wish we would do that in the USA (on a shortened timeline), a break from commercialization and buying more crap that we don't need would do us all some good..
Nah, as much as I'd like a break, should NEVER be government mandated. That's the beauty of capitalism and free trade, I can work whenever and as much as I want

Christian @ 2CT Media

I'm the business owner too, I choose to take off when it is advantageous, being the owner means you can decide when to take a break and not earn money..... it's called capitalism
It was a joke, We took the last week of the year off and its some times warranted. The less the government is involved with everyday life the better, They don't know best... they prove it every day.

equippaint

It's amazing how 1 stupid comment can get someone's panties all in a wad. Maybe we should have a mandatory 2 week blackout period from the internet every year so some of you guys can wake up from your politically induced comas and resultant anger issues.