• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Chinese printers Vs Western printers. What are the differences?

Holysteel

Hi all,

What are the differences between a Chinese made printer & a European made printer ?

Are they not the same, considering all of them uses the same Japanese printheads such as Konica Minolta, Seiko, Xaar etc ?

Would't the print quality be the same ?

The only differences that i could point out is that the body (chassis) of European made is far way stronger & durable. Made of a better quality. More function options to play with. But other then this. There is nothing i could think of additionally in terms of the print quality.

Could someone please kindly enlighten me on this ?

Thank you very much.

rjssigns

I would imagine there would be no discernible print difference. If you think about it the Chinese are probably OEM's for several popular printers. At the very least they make the boards, ribbon cables etc... I am very interested in chris190's WIT Color. 1.6 meter wide with dual DX-5's for around $7K delivered. Once he gets dialed in I am going to visit. Chicago is a little over 3 hours away.

Fatboy

Living in a developing country myself my main concern will be back up service cause not matter what, things do break and go wrong.What then?

rjssigns

I look at it this way. I can buy 2 printers, run one and keep a complete unit for parts and still have money left over. Although I would just buy a complete set of all the boards and associated electrical components. That way I could just swap now, diagnose later.

Service doesn't scare me. I have gotten quite good since my Roland no longer has a warranty.