• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Chip resetter for maintenance cartridge?

JPR-5690

I've had printers in the past (Canon and Epson aqueous) where I could use a chip resetter to keep using the maintenance cartridge even after the printer said it was "full". At one shop we even took the cotton out of the cartridge and stuffed it with maxi pads so that we could keep reusing it.

I have a Canon Pro-4000 that I bought end of last year. Does anyone know if using a chip resetter will void the warrantee?

netsol

Premium Subscriber
yes, the 4000 uses the same resetter as our pro 7600's
it was an ebay purchase
for the maintenance tank, you need a new one,regardless, to complete the process
the firmware needs to see a. different chip.
after the change, you use resetter and can then swap the refilled maintenance tankback into the machine, keeping your new tank unused fornext time

JPR-5690

it was an ebay purchase
for the maintenance tank, you need a new one,regardless, to complete the process
after the change, you use resetter and can then swap the refilled maintenance tankback into the machine, keeping your new tank unused fornext time

Thanks

Do you have any idea if it will affect any warranty's on the printer?

Its not exactly an expensive printer so Im not terribly worried about it, especially since most warranty's only cover a year or so (and we had our 9400 for 4 years without any issues ever) but I just want to be prepared before I mess anything up.

I asked my vendor and Im waiting to hear back...I have a feeling I never will since they want me to buy the cartridges haha

JPR-5690

it was an ebay purchase

Any idea what make/model/brand it was?

Im trying to shop for one and there are only about 23497 different options...