• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Need Help Choosing the correct media for print.

Mayo Designs

Hi All, I did a printed vinyl graphic and applied it to a vinyl awning last summer. It is peeling pretty good right now. I'm wondering what type of material is best for a digitally printed logo to go on a black awning. It's a flat surface with one seam across the middle horizontally.
Thanks in advance!
~k

Boss Cat

I make awnings for businesses. Not all awning material is vinyl graphic acceptable and most need to cleaned very well before applying pressure sensitive graphics. And remember, black gets SUPER hot in the sun so it really expands and contracts a lot with the temperature changes. If your graphic doesn't move with it, the glue will start to separate from the vinyl and it will fail. I would suggest a cast vinyl and an edge sealer. That might hold up to the extremes of the weather.

Gino

Premium Subscriber
It would help if you identified what kinda awning material you are applying to. Otherwise, it's just a crapshoot.