• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Choosing the right printer?

ttoke

Hello Guys,

I am new in the business and I need a little help choosing the right printer. I am planning to start a small business, printing on Iphone cases, pens etc and I need a flatbed printer for that. I was trying to find a good printer from alibaba, but it looks it's mostly scams/printers with horrible quality. The printer doesn't have to be very big, but it should have a decent quality. The price should be as low as it can be, is it possible to get a decent printer under 8k?

Thank You for Your attention!

MikePro

you're new on the topic, yet you want to invest $10k into it as a business?
research more.
go to shows, where you can see the equipment you intend to buy. Buy it in-person and from someone somewhat local, that you can rely on to service the machine & buy supplies from. ...they will also have the ability to set you up proper, and save us all from a bunch of threads asking to translate chinese service manuals & diagnose printer problems for a machine no one has ever heard of.

don't trust any "deals" you can find on the internet... its cheap for a reason. even used equipment is a potential money-hole that farts canned worms.

outsource until you can find the right way to stay profitable when making the transition into creating your own product.
welcome to s101.
:Welcome:

ttoke

Wow, thanks guys! You are being so helpful!

I think you should call the forum sarcastic.signs101.com/forums

Of course I am not able to make money if I go to the mall and buy a printer.. I am just trying to find out the price of the printer, so I could calculate and think of ways of making money with it, find out if it it profitable etc.

Vinylman

Wow, thanks guys! You are being so helpful!

I think you should call the forum sarcastic.signs101.com/forums

Of course I am not able to make money if I go to the mall and buy a printer.. I am just trying to find out the price of the printer, so I could calculate and think of ways of making money with it, find out if it it profitable etc.

Perhaps you misunderstood what the purpose of this forum is. Please go back and read the rules that are CLEARLY POSTED before you came here to STEAL the deep dark secrets of years of training in underground universities from around the world.

Listen carefully grasshopper. Your future depends upon it!

We lurk here in the inner sanctum of the nether world of SIGN MAKERS. we share openly with those we know and trust.

YOU on the other hand are not so much. [ known, nor trusted ]

I do NOT speak for the ownership, or management of this wonderful site.

But perhaps for some who are weary of the parasitic few who, rather than doing their own due diligence, come to our little conclave hidden here on the dark side of the moon to stick their collective proboscis into our overflowing pool of wisdom and hard learned lessons of life.

They come, with little or no Knowledge, they beg, borrow, or steal from the masses, and slink off into the bright lights and glamor of future riches of the PRICE CUTTERS market place. Hoping above hope, that they will become the next MILLIONAIRE sign HACK.

Well BUNKEY! if that is your purpose for stopping by " sarcastic.signs101.com" Let me be the first to provide you,

A WARM AND FUZZY WELCOME young JEDI!:ROFLMAO:

rjssigns

Perhaps you misunderstood what the purpose of this forum is. Please go back and read the rules that are CLEARLY POSTED before you came here to STEAL the deep dark secrets of years of training in underground universities from around the world.

Listen carefully grasshopper. Your future depends upon it!

We lurk here in the inner sanctum of the nether world of SIGN MAKERS. we share openly with those we know and trust.

YOU on the other hand are not so much. [ known, nor trusted ]

I do NOT speak for the ownership, or management of this wonderful site.

But perhaps for some who are weary of the parasitic few who, rather than doing their own due diligence, come to our little conclave hidden here on the dark side of the moon to stick their collective proboscis into our overflowing pool of wisdom and hard learned lessons of life.

They come, with little or no Knowledge, they beg, borrow, or steal from the masses, and slink off into the bright lights and glamor of future riches of the PRICE CUTTERS market place. Hoping above hope, that they will become the next MILLIONAIRE sign HACK.

Well BUNKEY! if that is your purpose for stopping by " sarcastic.signs101.com" Let me be the first to provide you,

A WARM AND FUZZY WELCOME young JEDI!:ROFLMAO:

Post of the year! :thumb::thumb::thumb: Got my morning laugh too. Thank you.

ttoke

You're welcome!

I think you should get a clue

You listed the prices, so again, you're welcome.

All smart a$$ comments aside, don't be a baby. You come on here and ask a question to which there IS no answer, besides NO, you cannot enter this market with an upfront investment of only $8K.

There, question answered. :thumb:

Thank You!

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Ahhhhhhhhhhh...... I did. I entered with about $8.00 worth of stuff and lettered a truck for about $175.00 back in 1973. My weekly check at the shop I was working, was around a walloping $45.00 a week.

If you set your goals right, you can come into this industry for pennies..... or whatever they're called in your country. However, if you have no talent or knowledge, then you will probably hafta pay through the nose for some things and have a thick skin for other things. All in all, it can be done. Just depends on how ambitious you are...... or greedy.

alecorgraphics

logoJET

welcome from NJ

here's a real vendor for the type of machine you're looking for
http://www.logojet.com/

I suspect that these are also made from china (what's not!)
but they got more installed units than brother and mimaki's
so quality should be there.. they have both pigment and uv based
expect to spend between $15k-30k if you want brand new

if you dont have money you can outsource from places who use
these printers.

and also that young chic on their youtube video was the inventor

MagnificentBastid

The Roland VersaUV LEF is probably the right printer for what you need. You could probably set one up at a mall kiosk during the holidays and crank out cases for people. You'll have to save more money though.

http://www.rolanddga.com/products/printers/lef/

I know you don't like what others have said, but it is the truth. You will certainly need more money, not just to cover the expense of the printer either. You'll need money for overhead, working capital, etc.

I recommend you meet with your local SBA (small business association). They can help you put a business plan together, and will also give you the honest truth. They're also free, as they are funded by the government.

Good luck.