• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Chroma Blue Help

yamaha581

Were starting a new job and for some reason were having trouble when it comes time to spray out the image on the screen. Were using the chromablue emulsion and were using a 500w halogen light to burn the image. Weve been using this emulsion for about a year now with no problems until now. For some reason when we go to wash out the image its almost like the emulsion is coming off. It just seems to be washing down the screen but not coming off the whole way. Once we finally get the image sprayed off some of the edges get washed out. Has anyone had this happen before or would know how to solve this problem!

trik

Haven't used that brand in years, but has it been exposed to lots of heat or cold recently? is it a new batch of emulsion or existing one you have for a while, and if so how old is it? also how long are you exposing it for?

yamaha581

We've had it kept in our shop since we got it so it has t been in any heat or cold. We just used it not that long ago and it worked so I wouldn't think it was bad. For exposure were doing it for about 3:30 which is what we had always done it at.

Emulsions do go off eventually. I keep mine in a fridge ( NOT FREEZING ), helps it last longer
Were your screens properly de-greased this time around?
I've had similar problems and found it to be the screens not cleaned or de-greased properly.