• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Chromatic Clear Flattening Paste

Hi everyone,

I am looking to get a matte finish with one shot paints. Has anyone used Chromatic Clear Flattening Paste with good results?

Lisa

Did you paint it yet ?? If so, what paint did you use ??

We will prime with (2) coats of Chromatic Metal & Wood Primer, then two coats of One Shot. (our normal process) I'd like the background to be matte, wondering if anyone has had luck with the Chromatic Clear Flattening Paste for a matte finish?

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Never used the paste. Have put additives in the paint, but it was pure liquid, not a paste. You can also add clearcoat with matting agents in it and it comes in different degrees/levels. 1Shot used to have it, so I'm sure chromatic still does, too. Sorry about not knowing for sure abut the paste. Maybe some other old f@rt on here will know about it.

Never used the paste. Have put additives in the paint, but it was pure liquid, not a paste. You can also add clearcoat with matting agents in it and it comes in different degrees/levels. 1Shot used to have it, so I'm sure chromatic still does, too. Sorry about not knowing for sure abut the paste. Maybe some other old f@rt on here will know about it.

Thanks Gino.

This is the product, from One Shot's webpage.

Attachments

• Chromatic.jpg
    Chromatic.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 103

Zendavor Signs

Mmmmm....signs
Hi everyone,

I am looking to get a matte finish with one shot paints. Has anyone used Chromatic Clear Flattening Paste with good results?

Lisa
Yes, it works good. If you want a really matte finish, you have to put a lot of paste in which makes it not cover as well. Just takes more coats.

Billct2

Why not use a matte finish paint? Additives reduce the quality of the paint. Just get a good quality flat house paint

Z SIGNS

Would not worry about how long the clearshield will last because you are using one shot which won't last very long anyway.
Do what Bill said.