• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Chrome wrap... it may be real this time...

Kwiksigns

wookie

signswi

I want to do my 1998 base model Lumina grocery getter. Have to put aside a few thousand a year for tickets though...

BargainSigns

We've "talked" to them. They don't sell the vinyl. The only way to get your car "chromed" is if they install it...in Europe.

Very cool stuff tho'

Marianna

natedawg9640

if they start selling it... i will be one of the first to buy.... though i really wonder what sort of durability and lifespan it has.

Dentafrice

Might be a stupid question, but wouldn't panels look extremely bad done in chrome like this? Just don't see how a solution would be found unless you had a sheet the whole size of the side of the car.

MikePro

non-overlapping tiles at body lines i'd imagine
i'm really curious how long it lasts, i see lots of foil/metalized vinyl turn to junk in the elements over time.

JoshLoring

I talked to these guys many times about 4 months ago. They won't sell you the material. I asked how much to become a distributor and they said 10k plus travel and training to "teach" me how to use it. After more research I found in their videos you can see seams at the a pillars of Mercedes and bmws.

Look at the gold skyline video they wrapped.. You'll see in the video they are seaming at sharp contours. So.. It's not really wrappable. They are just really good with dry application of polyester vinyl. Don't let them trick you. It's plain old chrome vinyl seamed where you cant see.

Everything looks great in video... But there's always more too it. Clear Premask some polyester chrome and wrap away.. That's how they are doing it.

SignStudent

I talked to these guys many times about 4 months ago. They won't sell you the material. I asked how much to become a distributor and they said 10k plus travel and training to "teach" me how to use it. After more research I found in their videos you can see seams at the a pillars of Mercedes and bmws.

Look at the gold skyline video they wrapped.. You'll see in the video they are seaming at sharp contours. So.. It's not really wrappable. They are just really good with dry application of polyester vinyl. Don't let them trick you. It's plain old chrome vinyl seamed where you cant see.

Everything looks great in video... But there's always more too it. Clear Premask some polyester chrome and wrap away.. That's how they are doing it.

You're gonna tell me this is polyester vinyl?

cajunaviator

Avery had a chrome vinyl at the SGIA show here in New Orleans a couple of weeks ago. They said it is still in the developmental stages, but will be released in 2012.