• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Chrome Wrap

JoshLoring

Anyone else get the memo on Averys chrome wrap vinyl?
Out this month through Fellers and Sign Warehouse. But.. Close to 900$ for a 60"x 9' piece. WTHeck?!

Patentagosse

Black Lambo with few bug splats, few fingerprints and very li'l dust: can live with it
Chrome Lambo... you want to shoot yourself so you wash it, than the scratches appear so you take another bullet...

JoshLoring

You can get it painted chrome for 50k. I got a quite a while back for an escalade chrome painted. It was 40k for the whole truck including inside jambs, engine etc.

HulkSmash

You can get it painted chrome for 50k. I got a quite a while back for an escalade chrome painted. It was 40k for the whole truck including inside jambs, engine etc.

The chrome paint is isn't actually paint it's literally silver nitrate. And it fades within 6 months. I've done a lot of research, and work closely with one of the best custom car/bike shops around. It's a massive waste of money unless you're just using it for shows - and don't drive it at all.

as for the wrap, i know you've used it before but it's pretty much awful. Scratches and also fades easily. It's a big waste of money unless you're just using it for shows.

CheapVehicleWrap

The Hexis and most likely the Avery are finally there. Have you seen the blue & red chrome carbon fiber being tested? Without mentiong prices...GOOD chrome is twice the price of textured which is twice the price of non textured. I don't think those figures are going to change anytime soon.

The stuff Colorado is speaking of does sucknuts.

Hummer2010

Oh crap...I am new to vinyl and I just cut out some FDC chrome for my Hummer. I also cut out a black background and will lay the chrome over top of it. Now I am sort of panicking...only two years outdoors...maybe? With the black on the bottom, will the chrome be a pain to remove, should I need to? Thanks in advance...

Haakon

Anyone else get the memo on Averys chrome wrap vinyl?
Out this month through Fellers and Sign Warehouse. But.. Close to 900$ for a 60"x 9' piece. WTHeck?!

Are these prices for real?? Because I found it for waaaay less here, and these are prices out to customer, not in to retailer:

http://www.metrorestyling.com/Avery-Dennison-Conform-Chrome-Vinyl-Film-p/cwsf100843s.htm

Price is about 1/3 of what is specified in the op, still way expensive but $990 to end user gets you 48"x30'. Or did you mean yards instead of feet?

fmg

Here today gone tomorrow. It's a celebrity fad thing.IMO it looks rather nasty, cheap and scuse the pun Tacky!

Haakon

I think the law does not specifically outlaw chrome, but over here at least traffic laws specity that the "vehicle modifications can not present danger to others" and a full chrome wrap/car that can reflect the sun 100% into peoples eyes in traffic can be in violation with these laws. Just like mounting a spear to your roof, bullhorns to your hood etc that can pierce someone in an accident.

Talked to the Hexis rep today, they also have a chrome wrap vinyl in the HX30000 series that will cost around $100 per linear yard in 60" width.

Also found this on a restyling webshop at similar prices out to end customer: http://autovinylsolutions.com/HEXIS_Chrome