Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

chromed usmc logo

Discussion in 'Clipart, Vehicle Templates and Digital Files' started by signgirl71, May 2, 2010.

1. signgirl71

signgirl71 Member

Oct 30, 2005
    Deltona
    Anyone know where I could find (even purchase) the chromed versions of the Marines logo. Everything I came accross so far on the internet is too low of resolution. I don't feel like "chroming out" the vector art I have as of yet if I could get it already done.
    Thanks in advance =)

Tags:
  2. signgirl71

signgirl71 Member

Oct 30, 2005
    Deltona
    Need to blow it up to 20" and not look fuzzy =)

3. signgirl71

signgirl71 Member

Oct 30, 2005
    Deltona
    Well - never mind - was just quicker for me to chrome it myself =)

4. iSign

iSign Major Contributor

Nov 29, 2003
    Kahului, Maui
    why not post it? This thread will come up in searches, so giving back is what makes this place a good place to ask this kind of question...

5. Malkin

Malkin Very Active Member

Feb 11, 2009
    Augusta, ME
    I had no idea what you meant actually. Did you mean something like 3d layer effects in photoshop?

6. signgirl71

signgirl71 Member

Oct 30, 2005
    Deltona
    Well, it actually doesn't look like the one I was looking for. But after speaking with the marine, he said he would be happy with just a chrome and gold look. I did a quickie and he loved it so I'm not too worried about it. I spent more time looking for a high res of the actual logo and it only took me minutes to just do it myself. It's not the greatest but atleast he's happy with it. Off to my printer it goes. =)

Attached Files:

7. CES020

CES020 Very Active Member

Oct 16, 2008
    VA
    Not that this helps now, but perhaps someone for future reference, you can get the logo in eps format from this site :

http://www.defense.gov/multimedia/web_graphics/#mc

It's not chrome, but it is vector and does have the Eagle and Globe in it, so it wouldn't take too much effort to make it anything you wanted it to be.

8. signgirl71

signgirl71 Member

Oct 30, 2005
    Deltona
    Yeah, that's actually the one I used to make it. Anyways, this is the one I was looking for. It was okay for small stuff like business cards, but no good for the side of his boat.

Attached Files:

9. The Vector Doctor

The Vector Doctor Very Active Member

Aug 15, 2005
    Ohio
    FYI, the letters on the USMC logo here, uhhh suck

10. signgirl71

signgirl71 Member

Oct 30, 2005
    Deltona
    Are you talking about the letters I did sucking? The customer likes it - that's all that matters to me. Different strokes for different folks I guess. =)

11. MikePro

MikePro Major Contributor

Feb 3, 2010
    Racine, WI
  12. CES020

CES020 Very Active Member

Oct 16, 2008
    VA
    Yes, I agree, it looks like someone let "Auto Trace" go to work on them.

Signgirl, I think he was referring to the letters on the one I posted that's hosted by the government. It looks like the letters were traced to create it instead of using fonts. I don't think he was referring to your lettering.

13. signgirl71

signgirl71 Member

Oct 30, 2005
    Deltona
    Ahhhh - no harm no foul. I had no problem finding plenty of vectored logos for USMC. It was the chromed beveled one I couldn't find. Funny how people have the art on their' business cards, are part of the USMC, but no one knows who to contact to get the original art or ask permission. As usual =)

14. The Vector Doctor

The Vector Doctor Very Active Member

Aug 15, 2005
    Ohio
    Right signgirl, I was referring to the link

15. Steph_Stamm

Steph_Stamm Member

Nov 30, 2009