• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Cigarette Boat

CP Signs

Wasn't sure where to ask this question. I know it's been discussed many times,,,,can't find it. Customer wants me to wrap his cigarette boat,,,,We've never done one before and was just looking for threads about this subject before giving this customer an answer. Does anybody recall a thread on those?
Or any advice would be good.

Thanks a bunch

Techman

nutin to it. Just make sure all the sea grime is gone. That means cleaning the hull perfectly and could mean a polishing.

SightLine

║▌║█║▌│║▌║▌█
Also be sure to set the proper expectations with the customer. You are going to be dealing with someone who is probably picky to the extreme....

2B

Also be sure to set the proper expectations with the customer. You are going to be dealing with someone who is probably picky to the extreme....

+1

and be extra aware of your seams/contact points at high speeds the bow changes its water line

CP Signs

Thanks a bunch. We decided to pass after seeing the boat and talking to the customer. There are about 60 nicks in it and wants us to fill them and paint before wrapping. I told him we were not a body shop and he replied; any idiot can fill those up. At that point I said no thanks. We are very busy and not in a desperate stage to take on this crap. Again, thanks for the info.