• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Cintiq vs Intuos

The Vector Doctor

Chief Bezier Manipulator
I have been using a Wacom Intuos for all my vector work and absolutely love it. The next logical step is of course the Cintiq 21

So here is my question. Is it worth it? I know that people in the photoshop world absolutely love it. I rarely read about anyone dissatisfied with the Cintiq. There are fewer reviews regarding vector work. But is it worth $2000?! That is a large chunk of money to part with. Sure it is a big jump to go from a mouse to a Cintiq but I am wondering how much better it is then the tablet? Anyone use their Cintiq along with a 2nd monitor?

I know that Wacom offers a 30 day no questions asked return policy, but I am afraid that I will love it and be $2000 poorer. Not ready to make the jump yet.

Anyone go from an tablet to a Cintiq? Worth it? Ideally I would like to try it out at a retail location but cannot find any place that has one to test out

WildWestDesigns

I went from an Intuos 3 to the 21UX Cintiq and love it. To me it's worth the 2k. I use it along with 2 other monitors.

To me, it's more natural on the Cintiq compared to doing the work on the Intuos and looking at the screen. With the Cintiq you are doing it right on the screen. I also think that for your niche it would really be useful for the "hand-tracing". I've had to do (and still do) my share of those and it works like a charm.

The Vector Doctor

Chief Bezier Manipulator
What about fatigue? It is so much thicker. I picture having to have a low desk or high chair to get comfortable drawing on it. In the upright mode your arm would get too tired holding it up all day. The tablet is about 1/2 inch thick so no need for a different setup to get comfortable

WildWestDesigns

What about fatigue? It is so much thicker. I picture having to have a low desk or high chair to get comfortable drawing on it. In the upright mode your arm would get too tired holding it up all day. The tablet is about 1/2 inch thick so no need for a different setup to get comfortable

I don't have issue with fatigue, but I could see were that might be a problem. Now, I will say this, I do like to sit up higher the most people, so that might help me out as well. The desk that I use is normal height that the Cintiq's stand is on, so I don't have any issue with it.

synergy_jim

I have it.... I love it....

But, If I was to do it again, I would buy 2 of the 12" models since they are easier to manipulate and hold in your arm....

I'll give you a sweet deal on the big one used if you want it. it's spotless...