• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

City/Village Resident Windshield Decal Wholesale Supplier?

JERHEMI

Can anybody recommend a wholesale supplier for city/village resident windshield decals with the specs below?

Stickers (decals) are approximately 2.5" x 3.25"
Printed on 2mil translucent acetate material
Bend N' Peel backing paper with instructions
Three (3) Different Classifications (Passenger, Truck, Delivery)
Total number of Stickers (decals) is 38,000
Each decal is individually numbered

Thanks in advance!

JERHEMI

Stouse was the first supplier I thought of, but I'm not sure if they offer something like this. I just sent them an email right now though to find out for sure. Hopefully will hear back soon. Any other suggestions? I even did some google searches to find any hits on a printer who is providing them retail and nothing is coming up. The only thing that comes up is the City's and Villages that require them on your vehicle, but nothing about who actually supplies them.

bannertime

Stouse has all that, plus the sequential numbering and color/copy changes. Don't freak out at the $40 something copy change fee, it goes down per change. So something like 10 changes is closer to $10 each.

JERHEMI

Stouse has all that, plus the sequential numbering and color/copy changes. Don't freak out at the $40 something copy change fee, it goes down per change. So something like 10 changes is closer to $10 each.

Stouse just got back to me and they don’t offer acetate material, only polyester. The acetate is very important. Any other suggestions?

bannertime

Sounds like someone is trying to use a non-industry standard term. There are many acetates, and none of which are used for adhesive backed decals. It's more likely someone thought the clear poly was "plastic." Do you have any links to or samples of a final product?

JERHEMI

Sounds like someone is trying to use a non-industry standard term. There are many acetates, and none of which are used for adhesive backed decals. It's more likely someone thought the clear poly was "plastic." Do you have any links to or samples of a final product?

The adhesive goes on the face side and applied to the interior side of the windshield. The acetate material is very thin, delicate and easy to tear making it’s tamper proof and can’t be removed and applied on a different vehicle. It gets scraped off with a razor blade then it garbage. I have one on my windshield, but not one that hasn’t already been applied to take a photo of it’s characteristics.
Gill-Line just got back to me and they don’t offer acetate either.

bannertime

Oh my. You're not talking about parking permits, you're talking about like vehicle registration or inspection tags?

JERHEMI

Oh my. You're not talking about parking permits, you're talking about like vehicle registration or inspection tags?

Correct. Each vehicle you own in your city or village must have a vehicle sticker or you will get a fine if caught without one.

bannertime

In my state we get them mailed to us on Letter sheets with a removable sticker attached to it. They're designed to go through printers as a whole sheet/sticker combo. Sorry man, I have no idea whom does anything like that. Never heard the acetate used to describe a printable material either.

JERHEMI

Not sure if all states do these, but the broke State of Illinois does whatever they can get away with as a “revenue booster”! lol
In my state we get them mailed to us on Letter sheets with a removable sticker attached to it. They're designed to go through printers as a whole sheet/sticker combo. Sorry man, I have no idea whom does anything like that. Never heard the acetate used to describe a printable material either.
Talked with Stouse on the phone this morning and they think their material is the same or very similar to the acetate, so they're going to quote me on that. We'll see what happens! Thanks anyways for your help! I really appreciate it!

equippaint

Avery has the material that I think you are looking for which may help you spec it to a wholesaler better. Its in their reflective line card. LW-0100, LW-0400 & LW-1000

JERHEMI

Not sure if all states do these, but the broke State of Illinois does whatever they can get away with as a “revenue booster”! lol

Talked with Stouse on the phone this morning and they think their material is the same or very similar to the acetate, so they're going to quote me on that. We'll see what happens! Thanks anyways for your help! I really appreciate it!

Stouse is a no go... they just said they can’t digitally print and number a destructible face adhesive decal.