• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

cj-400 convert to eco solvent

netsol

i just purchased a very clean cj-400 that I intend to convert to eco solvent.
I don't anticipate any problems with this, but have a few doubts about whether I should go mild solvent or solvent instead. I want to be able to use cheaper substrate and not have to laminate everything.

I also need help finding suppliers and deciding what materials to keep. we will not be "open for business" till feb 1, problems with old tenant.

I will be using this machine for banners and larger print and cut, since I have gerber edge & 15" plotter as well as Epson 24" to print aqueous and gerber tempo to cut.

so if I use eco solvent inks will I still be using more expensive coated banner stock? I find the idea of cheaper banner stock to be very attractive.

we are in new jersey, any suggestions where I should purchase banner stock? i suppose i would call hyatt or beacon graphics unless someone can give me a better source

any help with this will be greatly appreciated

Ragnabrok

heads up on conversions, a lot of parts were designed with the idea only aqueous ink would be running through them. Solvent ink can melt certain components, mostly the pumps, and the white drain tubing. I know the CJ-540/SC-540 received an upgrade a decade ago to replace the pumps and lines with parts that dont melt, but they weren't using the pump to move the wiper.

it's not going to instantly melt and burst into flames, but expect some components to wear out a lot quicker.

ddarlak

Go Bills!
your barking up the wrong tree. I converted 5 or 6 rolands years ago. back then it was good because parts were cheap. parts for those dinosaurs are not cheap and you can pick up a latex printer on ebay for nothing.

I just bought two HP l25500 on ebay for $4800 and i got about $2000 worth of ink and print heads with them.

seriously, you are wasting your time. you will spend countless hours fixing that piece of chit instead of making money.