• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Cjv 30-130 mixing colors

ZunoX

Hello, i have a problem with my mimaki cjv 30-130, he is mixing black with magenta, when i clean it is ok, but when start printing same problem in red color is black lines, in test print is top on the magenta black, i using refill sericol colors. It happened much more on winter time.

Neil

Hello, i have a problem with my mimaki cjv 30-130, he is mixing black with magenta, when i clean it is ok, but when start printing same problem in red color is black lines, in test print is top on the magenta black, i using refill sericol colors. It happened much more on winter time.

You are likely getting black pooling in your cap due to fibres from the cap top. Unclip the carriage and move it to the left. Check for loose hairs/fibres sticking up - use a flashlight and magnifying glass. Use scissors to trim off and get rid of fuzz and anything that might contact the bottom of the printhead.

Then, while the printer is off, drag the carriage slowly to the left side all the way. Take off the left cover and park the head against the cutter. Use a flashlight to see underneath the printhead. Make sure there's no fibres there. Clean under and around the head with cleaning solution.
Clean the cap top and wiper too. You can disconnect the head carriage from the cutter by pulling it, it's held there magnetically.
That's my cleaning routine I do every week.