• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

CJV150 not working.

Kane

Mimaki CJV150,

My machine dropped a Yellow channel out of the blue last week. I didnt think it was a blocked head or anything as I doubt the entire channel might get blocked in one go unless a large chunck of something blocked the damper or nozzle.

So I replaced the damper and cap just to be sure... and in doing lost all my channels.... I had no colour at all, So though there might be something wrong, so I flushed the head with a flushing solution (as if the head was knackered thought I would give it a go frist) and all channels were clear and flushing liquid came out all nozzles as you would expect, I made sure the dampers were full and flowing which they are so I put everything back and opened the solinoeds for the cartridges and pulled some ink through the head and cap, and ink was flowing fine I could see the dampers and the ink moving and etc.. So I know I have ink flow from the cartridges all the way through the head and cap and pump etc....

Yet I cant get a print... I get a test print, I cant get a drop position senor or anything.. yet if I send something to print I get a very very blury grainy print, so I have no clue what to do next, and dont want to replace the head if its not the problem as everything was working 100% (apart from 1 yellow channel) until I replaced the dampers.

1) Ink flowing from Cartridges through the dampers, head and cap when manually primed
2) New Dampers
3) Lost 1 yellow, replaced damper and cap then lost all channels.
4) NO Errors at all, machine still functions and operates and boots up without fault
5) blury fuzzy print now
6) No test print or drop position print.

Attachments

• 20201117_124136.jpg
    20201117_124136.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 207

APCInk

Merchant Member
Your waste ink tank level needs to be reset under the Maintenance Menu. Once this reaches 80% or higher on some firmware versions it will not allow you to do certain functions. Once you lower this number down you will most likely be able to do a test draw along with a drop position correct. See where that gets you.

Good luck!

Kane

Your waste ink tank level needs to be reset under the Maintenance Menu. Once this reaches 80% or higher on some firmware versions it will not allow you to do certain functions. Once you lower this number down you will most likely be able to do a test draw along with a drop position correct. See where that gets you.

Good luck!
Thanks, however the waste tank was 57% so wasnt this.

APC Tech NE

I would look closely at the capping alignment on the head. If the edge of the cap is overlapping the bottom of the head bracket it may drop all channels. Replace the cap base and slider and align to head. These parts are inexpensive from Mimaki.

Kane

I would look closely at the capping alignment on the head. If the edge of the cap is overlapping the bottom of the head bracket it may drop all channels. Replace the cap base and slider and align to head. These parts are inexpensive from Mimaki.
Thanks

I have already replaced the cap and dampers, I know the cap makes a good seal on the head as I can manually draw ink through the head from the pump line connected to the cap.,, Unless this is somethig different to what you are explainging

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
This seems electrical to me. The fact that it won't print a nozzle check but still prints something when a job is sent over is very weird. My guess is it's either the print head failing or another board was damaged deeper in the machine. Usually if a fuse blows, the head won't fire at all. The fact that something prints at all is what makes me think it's electrical. How old is the head? Did you work with the machine unplugged and discharged?

This seems electrical to me. The fact that it won't print a nozzle check but still prints something when a job is sent over is very weird. My guess is it's either the print head failing or another board was damaged deeper in the machine. Usually if a fuse blows, the head won't fire at all. The fact that something prints at all is what makes me think it's electrical. How old is the head? Did you work with the machine unplugged and discharged?
Agree