• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

CJV30-100 Mainboard parameters

b6hs

Sign
Hi everybody

Can someone give me the way to initiate a new cjv30-100 main board. the farmer is dead. I just replace it today but i don't have the old data..
The printer start as a cjv30-60 in spanich...

I have firmware update tool- I think i need values for/from a cjv30-100 ss21 printer.

I'm waiting for a tech rdv but he is 125$/Hour with a 300$ shifting...

Hope someone can help me

thanks

SightLine

║▌║█║▌│║▌║▌█
Without a prior backup of the parameters (made using the firmware tools) its not going to be right no matter what you try. If you do not have a backup then an authorized Mimaki tech can request the file from Mimaki - the parameters are very different and specific for every machine made but Mimaki keeps an archive of each machines original operating parameters. Each machines encoders, motors, etc all have their own specific calibration.

You can go into service mode and change the mech size parameter. That tells the board what width machine you have. I cannot remember off the top of my head what the values are but I think it's just 1, 2 or 3 for mech size.

b6hs

Sign
Without a prior backup of the parameters (made using the firmware tools) its not going to be right no matter what you try. If you do not have a backup then an authorized Mimaki tech can request the file from Mimaki - the parameters are very different and specific for every machine made but Mimaki keeps an archive of each machines original operating parameters. Each machines encoders, motors, etc all have their own specific calibration.

You can go into service mode and change the mech size parameter. That tells the board what width machine you have. I cannot remember off the top of my head what the values are but I think it's just 1, 2 or 3 for mech size.

Hi sightline thanks for your quick answer

Ok it now boot as a cjv30-100 - but stuck with choose an ink type ss21 etc... when i press ok it re-ask choose an ink type...

How can i back up data from a burnt motherboard,?

If i only plug the power cables to the farmer board should i be a ble to dowload the data from it and how to proceed?

Thanks

SightLine

║▌║█║▌│║▌║▌█
If the old board will boot into the firmware upload/download mode then you can use the firmware utility to backup the parameters. You would of course need the firmware update utility as well as a PRM file for the machine type, then it can backup the parameters to a CSV file. If not this document should help.... It is in Engrish though so you will have to do some translating to figure things out. :wink: Forgot about this document but it is for your exact situation where you are trying to bring a machine up with a new mainboard when you do not have a backup of the parameters.

Attachments

• JV5JV33CJV30MainPCB.pdf
    78.9 KB · Views: 1,182

b6hs

Sign
If the old board will boot into the firmware upload/download mode then you can use the firmware utility to backup the parameters. You would of course need the firmware update utility as well as a PRM file for the machine type, then it can backup the parameters to a CSV file. If not this document should help.... It is in Engrish though so you will have to do some translating to figure things out. :wink: Forgot about this document but it is for your exact situation where you are trying to bring a machine up with a new mainboard when you do not have a backup of the parameters.

I replace the old one and boot -+ im now on f/w updating * transmit start* mode

can you give me the way to do the backup :

firmware utility to use (i have FW Update tool III V2.3) and i have a cjv30-TPC prm file ...

should i upload dowload etc... By step thanks

b6hs

Sign
I replace the old one and boot -+ im now on f/w updating * transmit start* mode

can you give me the way to do the backup :

firmware utility to use (i have FW Update tool III V2.3) and i have a cjv30-TPC prm file ...

should i upload dowload etc... By step thanks

when i upload the following message appear: "cannot receive the data check the status of the printer" and the printer still on" E74 TRANS DATA "

SightLine

║▌║█║▌│║▌║▌█
The terms seem counterintuitive but "upload" is the printer sending information to the computer, "download" is the computer sending information to the printer.

To have the printer send the parameter data to the computer you would use the upload function of the firmware tool. On the upload screen select USB and the correct PRM fir the printer. When it receives the data it prompts you where to save the csv file. I'm not sure if the buttons are different on the CJV but on a JV33 you power it on while pressing the up and down arrows to boot the printer for parameter upload and download and power it on while pressing the remote button for updating the firmware. You need the printer to be in its parameter upload/download mode, not it's firmware upload/download mode.

If it will not upload the parameter to your computer then possibly something is wrong with the old mainboard that is preventing it from even doing that.

b6hs

Sign
The terms seem counterintuitive but "upload" is the printer sending information to the computer, "download" is the computer sending information to the printer.

To have the printer send the parameter data to the computer you would use the upload function of the firmware tool. On the upload screen select USB and the correct PRM fir the printer. When it receives the data it prompts you where to save the csv file. I'm not sure if the buttons are different on the CJV but on a JV33 you power it on while pressing the up and down arrows to boot the printer for parameter upload and download and power it on while pressing the remote button for updating the firmware.

If it will not upload the parameter to your computer then possibly something is wrong with the old mainboard that is preventing it from even doing that.

To acces the mode i press remote at boot ..(is it correct?)
maybe the prm i use is not the good one...
i can't even upload and dowload from the new board.

SightLine

║▌║█║▌│║▌║▌█
To acces the mode i press remote at boot ..(is it correct?)
maybe the prm i use is not the good one...
i can't even upload and dowload from the new board.

No - pressing remote is for downloading new firmware to the printer. Press the up and down arrows when you power it on to upload the parameters.

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
You have to push and hold the up and down button to be able to get into the mode that will allow you to retrieve the parameters from the old board. Pushing remote at boot brings you into the firmware update mode and will get confused when you try to retrieve the parameters in the wrong mode. That is why you got the error code.

If you get into the correct mode, try to receive the parameters and it still doesn't work, the board is probably damaged enough to stop you from doing it. As a certified Mimaki tech I am not sure how they handle end users looking for the original parameters for their machines. You should call them and have your serial number ready and they might send them to you through email.

Last edited:

SightLine

║▌║█║▌│║▌║▌█
I'm not sure Mimaki would do that as Vander mentioned. They might but I've never heard of them emailing that sort of thing directly to an end user as they are not really fond of end users trying to do this sort of thing. You could also boot the old board directly into it's parameter change mode (or into its service mode) and manually write down every parameter then manually enter them in on the new one. I think the direct parameter entry mode is turning it on while pressing remote + end (and/or) the left and right arrows.

Attached is a CJV30 prm file. It is renamed as .txt - you will have to rename it back to .prm to use with the firmware tool.

Attachments

• CJV30_TPC.txt
    1.4 KB · Views: 865

b6hs

Sign
Thx sightline

Yeah great the new Board is mount with the old parameters the test print is perfect!!
I now only need the 2.20 firmware and do à slant adjust and its all ok!!

Thank you for your help:))

b6hs

Sign
Thanks as suggest by sightline it was that :))
You have to push and hold the up and down button to be able to get into the mode that will allow you to retrieve the parameters from the old board. Pushing remote at boot brings you into the firmware update mode and will get confused when you try to retrieve the parameters in the wrong mode. That is why you got the error code.

If you get into the correct mode, try to receive the parameters and it still doesn't work, the board is probably damaged enough to stop you from doing it. As a certified Mimaki tech I am not sure how they handle end users looking for the original parameters for their machines. You should call them and have your serial number ready and they might send them to you through email.

b6hs

Sign
Lines scratch

So were back on business :)
With a pretty good quality but with lines scratch (cf pics)
The media is well armed with a good tension without irregularity of position.
Any idea ? image.jpg image.jpg

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
Those look like head strikes to me. Make sure you are using the media clamps on each end of the material. They are the flat metal pieces that slide along the platen. If they are not present on your machine I would recommend getting some. If you are using think material, change the head height to high.

b6hs

Sign
Those look like head strikes to me. Make sure you are using the media clamps on each end of the material. They are the flat metal pieces that slide along the platen. If they are not present on your machine I would recommend getting some. If you are using think material, change the head height to high.

Yes thats it - but media clamps are optionals they are only recommended for thick medias. (i only use one on left side i have a brand new for right side but screws are very small and i dont have some)
In fact that was due to the head plate when i replaced it i put it twisted..
Thanks vander

SightLine

║▌║█║▌│║▌║▌█
Actually the medial clamps (media press) in the manual states just the opposite and recommends not using them for thick media. "When using a thick media, remove the media press from the media before printing." Regardless, we always use the media clamps for 99.9% of everything.

b6hs

Sign
Ok good i 'd better screw the other side in this case.

i now have a very noisy cutter when i touch it the noise stop...

I tried a print and cut combination but i have a 250y coordinates blocking error..

What should i do ? Is it the tension of the belt or the motor axes ??

Actually the medial clamps (media press) in the manual states just the opposite and recommends not using them for thick media. "When using a thick media, remove the media press from the media before printing." Regardless, we always use the media clamps for 99.9% of everything.

SightLine

║▌║█║▌│║▌║▌█
That I cannot help with..... I do not have a CJV machine. I have a JV33 - same printer but no cutter.

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
Error 250 means there may be a bad parameter. Although I am an advocate for end users fixing their machines, it may be time to call in a tech to configure your board. They will be able to get the proper parameters for your machine and make sure the board is working properly. The maintenance manual has no fix for error 250 and refers you to report it to the development team which means the error should not occur in the field. In your case I would assume the parameters are just not right.