• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Cjv30-130 error 181 Pr sensor

Jb1983

I took my head apart to give it a thorough cleaning as I had missing nozzles I could not recover with any cleanings. I feel like I unclogged it.

Now I put it back together and im getting "error 181 pr sensor" ?? It doesn't seem to be a pinch roller issue as they are all in correct spots and the machine is not doing the pinch roller routine, it just sends the magnetic over to the left side of machine then starts buzzing this code.

Ive searched and searched and found little answers, ive tried holding Function and Remote as I turn the green power button on to get in to service mode but it doesn't seem to work???

zopylote

you said you clean the head
how you did that?
soack the head in cleaner?
is the head board wet?
did you make sure that the head board was dry before connected? (between manifold and head the green board on DX5 can retain cleaner after soack, NO BUENO)
check flat cables connections
hopefully the head still ok
that error happens when the connection on the head is bad, don’t tell me why a PF sensor error but i already fixed this issue a few times

Jb1983

I used a syringe and gently pushed some cleaning fluid thru from the top, I also cleaned the manifold. and soaked the face of the head. I used compressed air to blow the board dry, but perhaps there was some residual or maybe a dab of ink on one of the flat connectors. I will take the head apart again later today and make sure all connections are good.
Thank you for the reply.

Jb1983

I took the head back apart again, removed the manifold and the green board appeared completely dry. I then checked the 2 flat connectors and they appear ok, there is no noticeable signs of a fault. Put it all back together and still get the "ERROR 181 PR SENSOR"

frustrated, machine is completely useless at this point.

How were you able to fix this issue?

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
When it goes to the left side of the machine does it look like it tries to move to the right and then gives the error?

Jb1983

No, basically as soon as the magnet ( middle piece) touches the cutting head it Buzzes the code.

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
I have run into a similar issue and unfortunately it's one of those that could be a couple things and is kind of illusive why it happens in the first place. One thing I would do to rule it out is just do a factory reset. This will require the original parameter file from Mimaki which you can request via email with your serial number. I had a machine that we replaced tons of parts on, ran tons of alignments etc. for weeks and couldn't get the machine to stop doing that error. Once we did a factory reset, it worked immediately.

Jb1983

Hi Vander, thank you for your help, its much appreciated. So if I get the original parameter file from mimaki then do a factory reset upon start up then I will need to re enter all the parameters? Im assuming thru the cable somehow?

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
Hi Vander, thank you for your help, its much appreciated. So if I get the original parameter file from mimaki then do a factory reset upon start up then I will need to re enter all the parameters? Im assuming thru the cable somehow?

It will start up like new from the factory so you will need to adjust the parameters to tell it it is full already and then you will have to run the head alignments and adjust any settings you setup manually like blade force and speed and heat settings etc. Unfortunately I don't have the parameter info you need to change handy but maybe there is an old post you can look up. You do all of this via the printer menus except for transferring the original parameter file which you do through the USB connection. When you hold function and remote while powering on, it won't look like anything changed except if you go into the menu and scroll down, 3 new menus will be available. If you can't find the info, you might want to hire a tech to come in and do it for you.

Jb1983

I believe holding end and enter while starting up puts mine in service more . As when I do this it pops up to the parameter screen.

Other than that I have no way of even getting to the menu as on regular start up it tries to do its routine and throws the error code and machine just stays there.

I'm really hoping to try and solve this myself or at least get to the point I can do a test print to verify my head is working.
Just getting g a tech here will cost me an arm. And might take some time as well. There's no local techs.

Jb1983

Figured I would add a video of what is going on with my Mimaki, it doesn't always do the overcurrent thing, but it did that too when I made the video. 1 tech told me all the circuit boards were fried...……. Im in the market for a new machine but I still wouldn't mind fixing this one if its not to much. Im kinda thinking maybe its just the head board that is fried due to possibly getting cleaning solution on it. I just don't think it would do this much action if all the boards were fried??

VanderJ?? what do you think?

Jb1983

Is there any help for this yet? I have a similar situation.

Nope. I ended up getting a new printer! Still have the CJV30 just collecting dust right now. wouldn't mind getting it running again but no solution for this yet. Let me know if you figure it out!

L.D

From the the video the error message 181 states: Media could not be detected and or pinch rollers are not in the appropriate position. I did notice in the video you didn’t have media loaded.

Also, there is a sensor on the cutter carriage that sometimes gets damaged during media jams you may what to check that too.