• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

CJV30-160 Error 202

PrintingSol

I just wanna make signs...
So I was printing some vinyl and decided to switch over to some banner material. After switching to banner material, I received "ERROR 202 DEVICE CONSTRUCTION". In my google research, I was advise to turn off the Mimaki and turn back on to see if the error would go away.

Well it didn't, but what did happen was, the language changed to Japanese? I did not change language settings. So now I get Error 202 in Japanese. I also received "ERROR 42" but after a restart Error 42 went away.

In my research, Error 202 happens if the head is not genuine, this is the original print head and was printing in the past.

Im not too sure if the head might of disconnected when I loaded the banner material.

Any advice will help.

(I am aware its time to switch out on the dampers as well)

Attachments

• IMG_6393.JPG
    IMG_6393.JPG
    562.8 KB · Views: 983
  • IMG_6402.JPG
    IMG_6402.JPG
    230.3 KB · Views: 419
  • IMG_6396.JPG
    IMG_6396.JPG
    441.7 KB · Views: 416
  • IMG_6397.JPG
    IMG_6397.JPG
    482 KB · Views: 492
  • IMG_6398.JPG
    IMG_6398.JPG
    523.5 KB · Views: 457
  • IMG_6401.JPG
    IMG_6401.JPG
    506.3 KB · Views: 393

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
Yes error 202 mean the head is not genuine but it can also pop up if something is going wrong electronically with the head or even the main board. The fact that it changed to Japanese tells me something must have happened to the main board. I would contact Mimaki and ask them to send your original parameters and load them on the machine. This will reset the machine back to factory defaults so you will have to trick it into thinking it's already filled up. I can't remember which parameter it is you have to change off the top of my head but a little research should turn it up. If that doesn't fix the problem, I would be willing to bet the main board has been damaged in some way.

PrintingSol

I just wanna make signs...
Yes error 202 mean the head is not genuine but it can also pop up if something is going wrong electronically with the head or even the main board. The fact that it changed to Japanese tells me something must have happened to the main board. I would contact Mimaki and ask them to send your original parameters and load them on the machine. This will reset the machine back to factory defaults so you will have to trick it into thinking it's already filled up. I can't remember which parameter it is you have to change off the top of my head but a little research should turn it up. If that doesn't fix the problem, I would be willing to bet the main board has been damaged in some way.
Could you by chance link, if you know where I can purchase the main board?

eesanopi

Could you by chance link, if you know where I can purchase the main board?

Hi,

Did you find a solution for this problem?, yesterday my JV33 showed same problem, I think it received an electric discharge but I´m not sure, first I saw 42volt error, then 202 error, also is possible PC is not recognizing printer trough USB o maybe is not possible because printer is in error.

I will apreciate any suggestion.

Beste regards fron México.

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
Hi,

Did you find a solution for this problem?, yesterday my JV33 showed same problem, I think it received an electric discharge but I´m not sure, first I saw 42volt error, then 202 error, also is possible PC is not recognizing printer trough USB o maybe is not possible because printer is in error.

I will apreciate any suggestion.

Beste regards fron México.

The 42 volt error means the circuit that controls the head malfunctioned. After that, getting the error 202 means the machine thinks the head is not and OEM due to the fact that an electrical test failed which means either the head and/or the main board is fried. The fact that the computer no longer sees the printer on USB means the main board is probably fried.

eesanopi

The 42 volt error means the circuit that controls the head malfunctioned. After that, getting the error 202 means the machine thinks the head is not and OEM due to the fact that an electrical test failed which means either the head and/or the main board is fried. The fact that the computer no longer sees the printer on USB means the main board is probably fried.

Hi,

Thanks for your response, this machine is all mimaki original, until yesterday I was printing ok, I think MB is fried too, do you know some repair technician?

Regards