• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

CJV30-160 Stickers

bpditty

Pardon my ignorance I am new to the Mimaki scene, my previous shop had Epson GS6000 printers, Flexisign, and separate plotters.

We have the CJV30-160 with Rasterlink, Finecut, and Corel Draw 5 or Illustrator CS5. Things have been running fine and have been printing without a problem but I have job I need some help on, I need to run a bunch of stickers with laminate.

At my old shop I would setup one image send to Production Manager tell it how many copies and it would set it up with 4 crop marks for the whole set then print>laminate>cut.

With Rasterlink I can't seem to figure out the easiest way to add a cut and send them in batches.

I read through all the material we have and no luck. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

ChicagoGraphics

I don't use Rasterlink, but the easy way to do it is in Illustrator, make as many copys you need then in Fine cut add your frame extraction then add your register marks and your ready to send to printer.

Out There

I don't use Rasterlink, but the easy way to do it is in Illustrator, make as many copys you need then in Fine cut add your frame extraction then add your register marks and your ready to send to printer.

Yep, using finecut is the way to go.

You can add more copies in fine cut, so your not cutting too many decals per reg marks.

Devo

I was faced with the same dilemna ... I have to set up multiples of the same thing in Coreldraw which creates a huge file, make all my cut lines, move what I want printed to layer 2, leave the cut lines on Layer 1, setup the crop marks for the whole job, go on vacation while Corel sends to Rasterlink , turn on the knife in layer 1, leave layer 2 on print ... check that Rasterlink got it all by looking at the printcut, print, cut options, wait for it to finally load once all has been okayed etc etc etc

Man, there has to be an easier way to make multiple copies !

I'm a noobie with this Mimaki too I've got the same machine ... CJV30-160, and still getting my head around the quirks :)

bpditty

In the Corel vs. Illustrator debate I have found it easier to make short runs of stickers with Illustrator so with these added tips maybe I can figure it out.

sha

I was faced with the same dilemna ... I have to set up multiples of the same thing in Coreldraw which creates a huge file, make all my cut lines, move what I want printed to layer 2, leave the cut lines on Layer 1, setup the crop marks for the whole job, go on vacation while Corel sends to Rasterlink , turn on the knife in layer 1, leave layer 2 on print ... check that Rasterlink got it all by looking at the printcut, print, cut options, wait for it to finally load once all has been okayed etc etc etc

I'm a noobie with this Mimaki too I've got the same machine ... CJV30-160, and still getting my head around the quirks :)

There is a easier way.

First make file in Corel as you do and send it to Rasterlink using Finecut.

Make necessary adjustments in Rasterlink: Profile, layout... then return to main Rasterlink screen.

In a Job list in Rasterlink at the right side you will see "Print count" section, click on it and enter desired number of copies.

what this option does is Print&cut your job and then repeat it as many times as you request.

For me this is easier because you can make a file 2 ft. long and print&cut it without marks.

bpditty

I have figured out and ran some stickers last week without crop marks because they were not getting laminated and did not need taken off the printer. The problem is if I pull them off to laminate them without crop marks then I can't cut them...

Neil

Get Signlab!

Seriously, when I got my CJV I was shown how to do all that stuff in Corel, Fine Cut, Rasterlink etc. just like you said. What a hassle.

I showed him how to do it all in Signlab and it's about 10 times easier.

Never used Fine cut since (or Rasterlink or Corel for that matter)
Of course people who do use that workflow get used to it and can do it easily too, but I'm glad I don't need to.

ironchef

I hate the rl button on finecut. It seems to hate me. Lol. I have to export the file and open manually in rasterlink. Rip n print. And then cut with finecut using plot selected button. I keep seeing these images when i try using the rl button in finecut with corel x5. I'm thinking its my design, because when i send a normal jpg without messing with it. It seems to work fine...anyone else see or know about these error messages?

Attachments

• ForumRunner_20120715_071245.jpg
    ForumRunner_20120715_071245.jpg
    102.3 KB · Views: 93
  • ForumRunner_20120715_071318.jpg
    ForumRunner_20120715_071318.jpg
    114.9 KB · Views: 106
  • ForumRunner_20120715_071400.png
    ForumRunner_20120715_071400.png
    989.1 KB · Views: 118

nona

registration marks around copies

My plotter and printer and separate. I was wondering if anyone figured out a way to automatically place one set of registration marks around all copies vs having to create the file in illustrator.