• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

CJV30-60 switch solvent to ecosolvent

justroll

Hi

does anybody know if you can switch from using solvent cartdriges to eco solvent without any issue ?

for your information i'm switching the printhead anyhow since it's clogged

thanks

justroll

i called a mimaki dealer tech support, they told me i had to be careful and there were 3 approaches

1) simple
flush everything out with their cleaning cartridges (each channel) so thats about $400 cleaning cartridges, then change dampers
2) medior
perform step 1 and change cap & pump
3) advanced
perform 1+2 replace head

digital supplies told me "firmware upgrade could be possible" , seems bs to me..

the mimaki tech guy told me that if debris builded up in the tubes it could get pumped to the head during cleaning, when i asked if it was a good idea to decouple the dampers from the head while cleaning he didn't agree, the head also need a cleaning, in order to minimize risk i think it was a good idea, first clean the tubes, then reattach the head..

i personally think buying 8 cartidges is overkill, since there a 8 channels it would be doable to clean first 2 channels, and then move on with the same cartridge, a cartridge is about 220ml, reading the service manual it looks that the configuration (4 color fill) has joints between their dedicated color, so using 8 cartridges is total overkill just to cover the first leg to the joint. the distance of the total tube would be max 2 meters, worst case if there are 8 channels dedicated that would make 16m of tube, disect of the tube would be 2mm, the total volume from soleniod till the damper would be around 25ml per channel, so 200ml for the full printer.

RebelGraphics

You can always disconnect the lines and do a manual flush but then again the ph will still have the old ink. I wouldn't risk manually flushing the head as the membranes are very delicate. So, would you rather spend $300 in cleaning cartridges or $1.5k in a new printhead?

Print Master 03

You can cange Ink without any problem but before clean Ink Systen New Ecoslvent liquid and go to work. Additional you must find or create new ICC profile for good image quality. Good luck!

justroll

I have talked to a few non mikaki inkt dealers, all those guys say .. don't bother, keep using SS21, the "eco"solvent is just a marketing whizz in order to push out the non original Mimaki inkt manufacturers. I was going for ecosolvent since it gave me the idea that it would suit for less ventilated spaces. Since i don't have much space for ventilation, both will be an issue, so i got a big fan now that extracts air now.