• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

CJV30 Damper replacement. Howto?

bloobird0

Hello,

I just switch my CJV30 from CMYKlclm+white to CMYKlclm ink setup (I don't use white ink enough to go on with it).

So the dampers for the white channels are now clogged. I want to replace them (and the others in the same time) but never did it before so I'm here to ask if anyone could advice me about the replacement best pratice.

I think the procedure is exactly the same as for JV33 printers.

So what I can see is that all 8 dampers are retained together by a metalic part, should I remove it? I do not see how.

When I plug a new damper, should I left it empty (only air inside) or should I fill it with anything to avoid damaging the print head?

Should I only do a "fillup ink" after this or anything else?

Any advice would be very appreciated.

The user manual does not describe the procedure, does anyone have a technical service document for JV33 or CJV30?

bmw_ante

Yes the "metallic part" has to go as step 1, look closer so you can see how it is mounted !

Do a quick search so that you find answers about "priming / pre fill" the dampers with a syringe, BUT remember to open the valves before you start pulling out ink with a syringe from the damper ! NEVER pull out ink if you dont know what valves I am talking about

After priming / pre filling them just do a "Fill up ink"

bloobird0

thanks for the answer.

I don't know about the valves you mean (and don't have a convenient syringue either) so I will not do this on your advice. Is this prefill mandatory or a simple "fill up ink" is enough.

It's the first time I have to service an inkjet printer and don't want to make mistakes. I think this service is easy enough to avoid to call for a technician to come. (never too late to learn by myself)

SightLine

║▌║█║▌│║▌║▌█
You also need to have the machines maintenance mode enabled so you can manually open the cartridge valves in the #test menu. Without the valves open you will only be able to prefill / manually pull a tiny bit of ink into the dampers since the JV33 uses valves at the back of the cartridges. It's a bit more complex on the JV33 versus the JV3.

bloobird0

thanks I will look at the valves in the test menu. I guess I have to close them as soon as the damper are back in place?

bmw_ante

thanks I will look at the valves in the test menu. I guess I have to close them as soon as the damper are back in place?

correct

And then be very very careful not to get any ink spill around the head cables so that you fry the slider board /printhead !

Myster Enigma

You also need to have the machines maintenance mode enabled so you can manually open the cartridge valves in the [HASHTAG]#test[/HASHTAG] menu. Without the valves open you will only be able to prefill / manually pull a tiny bit of ink into the dampers since the JV33 uses valves at the back of the cartridges. It's a bit more complex on the JV33 versus the JV3.

Hi there, I know you wrote this quite a long time ago however I am at stage with my Mimaki CJV30. I made a post yesterday and decided that I need to change my dampers. Long story short my Mimaki hasn't been used for over a year. At the time there wasn't a problem with it's printing. Nozzles all firing etc. This week I turned it on and did a test print. No nozzles were firing at all. I manually cleaned the print head and the test print was the same. I went through the options and selected "fill up ink" After that then half of the cyan nozzle was shown on the test print. I opened the carriage and looked at the dampers. They all had air in the tubes and some had no ink flowing at all (tube was quite clear)

Should I buy new dampers and replace the old ones before I prime them? Also what are these valves and how do I find them in the test menu? Thanks

holmeswake

Hi there, I know you wrote this quite a long time ago however I am at stage with my Mimaki CJV30. I made a post yesterday and decided that I need to change my dampers. Long story short my Mimaki hasn't been used for over a year. At the time there wasn't a problem with it's printing. Nozzles all firing etc. This week I turned it on and did a test print. No nozzles were firing at all. I manually cleaned the print head and the test print was the same. I went through the options and selected "fill up ink" After that then half of the cyan nozzle was shown on the test print. I opened the carriage and looked at the dampers. They all had air in the tubes and some had no ink flowing at all (tube was quite clear)

Should I buy new dampers and replace the old ones before I prime them? Also what are these valves and how do I find them in the test menu? Thanks

Do a nozzle Wash.. I can give you info on how to do it so the head soaks and it might clean things up for you.

jimmmi

Do a nozzle Wash.. I can give you info on how to do it so the head soaks and it might clean things up for you.

Hello I am interested also for this procedure. Can you please give me info about this.? My machine was sitting over a year also

holmeswake

Hello I am interested also for this procedure. Can you please give me info about this.? My machine was sitting over a year also

Do these steps. Set the time for 10 minutes and unplug the printer from the wall and let it sit overnight. Plug it back into power in the morning and turn on and do a Cleaning. Then do a test.... If you see improvements you can do this again.

When doing step 8 Fill the cap FULL, it will automatically shut off when filling so you have to push function again to get more fluid in the cap.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2019-05-17 at 12.00.47 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2019-05-17 at 12.00.47 AM.png
    212.3 KB · Views: 582
  • Screen Shot 2019-05-17 at 12.00.36 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2019-05-17 at 12.00.36 AM.png
    234.6 KB · Views: 477