• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Need Help CJV30 Head issue? No Yellow

AdamDG

Recently had some issues with one side of our yellow nozzles not firing half of the test print, one side was good, the other only bottom half roughly was firing. Now we currently have no yellow coming out of either side. Have tried all the usual washes, ink fills, etc. several, several times lol...pretty much everything the machine can do to clean itself. After reading a bunch of related issues on here we decided to order 2 new dampers and a new cap which are coming tomorrow.
After removing and playing around with the damper, cause i figured why not since we have new ones coming, I noticed a lot of debris in the filter of it. so after some syringing and flushing with cleaning solution i actually got quite a bit out but still not firing. Decided to pull one side blue damper out of the head and put the yellow in and send a 100% cyan square to print and pulled the other side blue out. And after a few times it started to print the yellow, then put the blue damper in the yellow spot but with nothing coming out after several attempts... except for really faint magenta.
I'm hoping it's not something electrical wrong with the head but was really weird.. had printed these light magenta squares before when we tried printing yellow after trying a bunch of stuff but before switching dampers around, but then it ended up stopping and nothing was coming out so just figured it was residue or something. Have attached some pictures to look at... capping station and underside of head has been thoroughly cleaned so I didn't bother taking a pic and sending those and after seeing some others on here i feel i could eat off mine lol.
Anyways sorry for the novel! And any help, tips, suggestions, you have is appreciated
Thanks!
Adam
Diamond Graphix

Attachments

• 20190110_172100.jpg
    20190110_172100.jpg
    2.9 MB · Views: 530
  • 20190110_172129.jpg
    20190110_172129.jpg
    3 MB · Views: 411
  • 20190110_172107.jpg
    20190110_172107.jpg
    3.1 MB · Views: 376
Last edited:

AdamDG

Hey AdamDG What did you do? I have the same problem.

Changed the capping station, surprisingly that's all it was, had bought dampeners as well which we didn't need and kept just in case
Hope its as simple as that for you as well!
We went through hell chasing the issue til that point lol

Ripples

Is that a UV printer? As I'm having very similar issues with a Compress UV 600 - havent' had white pages, but just lost yellow, and magenta very poor on the nozzle checks and cyan test print. No resistance when I try and suction the waste hose

AdamDG

No It's an eco solvent printer, Mimaki
Yeah it was weird because it seemed like the capping station had a good seal and everything was working fine, waste tube/pump
So was very surprised when we decided to change the capping station first then run a cleaning cycle and do a test print and everything came right back, test looked perfect