• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

CJV30 Help Needed

Olly Townsend

Hi all, totally new here and new to printing :)

Our company has recently bought a Mimaki CJV30-130 for printing posters etc for our own marketing campaigns!

There seems to be some 'over spray' from all colours - this is the best way I can describe it - and also lines in Cyan and Magenta. You can see the over spray most clear on the 'K' pic below

Pics are attached and any help is appreciated?

I have performed many nozzle washes, custody wash, pump tube wash.

Thanks!! :)
IMG_7524.JPG
IMG_7523.JPG

rvolkers

you need to read the manual when you can! - or go on line and read it!

1- your print head adjustment is on the the moving unit to the right - look up how to adjust and set on low!
2- in rasterlink five set like this!

1- image edit -- (cenetred)
2- color edit -- (rendering 16 bit) (illustration icc) (image icc)
3- print condition -- (pass 16) (uni-direction) (overprint 1 time)

heater should be set 30 - 30 - 40

! what media are you printing on - should be fro printing and cutting NOT cut vinyl?

see if this helps

Olly Townsend

you need to read the manual when you can! - or go on line and read it!

1- your print head adjustment is on the the moving unit to the right - look up how to adjust and set on low!
2- in rasterlink five set like this!

1- image edit -- (cenetred)
2- color edit -- (rendering 16 bit) (illustration icc) (image icc)
3- print condition -- (pass 16) (uni-direction) (overprint 1 time)

heater should be set 30 - 30 - 40

! what media are you printing on - should be fro printing and cutting NOT cut vinyl?

see if this helps

Thank you for your help!! I will try this now.

The media is print vinyl not cut vinyl

rvolkers

ALSO
2 things should be done ALWAYS

in the main control panel you will see cleaning (button) - clean 2 times on normal
then also a test print (button) run a test -- that will tell you if your problem is the head!

Olly Townsend

Ok print quality has improved, however still problems.. pics below.

• still have a black 'dust' over some parts
  • cyan and magenta is liney?
  • test print pics below
Let me know what you think ?

Thank you for your help

Attachments

• IMG_7552.JPG
    IMG_7552.JPG
    1.6 MB · Views: 161
  • IMG_7551.JPG
    IMG_7551.JPG
    1.3 MB · Views: 174
  • IMG_7550.JPG
    IMG_7550.JPG
    1.9 MB · Views: 158
  • IMG_7549.JPG
    IMG_7549.JPG
    1.4 MB · Views: 181
  • IMG_7548.JPG
    IMG_7548.JPG
    1.1 MB · Views: 157
  • IMG_7547.JPG
    IMG_7547.JPG
    1.1 MB · Views: 161

rvolkers

based on your test - WHICH WAS REALLY BAD - your head is probably damaged
i would have a professional come in and service the machine - which should include software up grade

there should be NO lines broken on the test print - it should be CLEAN

this is just my opinion - but i would have the machine serviced! - and if the head is damaged
go back to where you got the machine and tell them to fix it! - OR - keep cleaning and let the head soak for a long time!

http://www.mimakieurope.com/faq/unusual-nozzle-test-was-printed-what-should-i-do-2/

iPrintStuff

Prints stuff
Can I clean this with swab?

Did you get a maintenance manual? This machine is to be cleaned daily with frequent work and at the latest, weekly.

Basically, get a swab and the cleaning fluid and clean everywhere except from the actual head (the bit ink comes out).

Looks like there’s a LOT of built up ink so that will take a while and lots of swabs.

Next go clean the wiper and everything else on the right hand side. I.e capping station that silver bit to between the wiper and the capping station.

There should be a little white sponge on the right of the capping station too.

After that, do maybe 2-3 hard cleanings, then maybe a fill up ink.

If you get the capping station clean, when you leave, start a nozzle wash (with loads of cleaning liquid left in the capping station) then turn the machine off at the plug overnight (if you don’t turn it off, the wash will stop after a maximum of 99 mins).

If all of that fails, it could be a new head you need. Or at the very least a good service, new dampers, capping station, pump etc.

Worst case, is I might be able to get the PDF of the manual if you need it. Let me know. I’d get the test print sorted before you do any of the alignments.

Good luck!