• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

CJV30 print head swap

Out There

Anyone have a or know where I can find a writeup or video of a print head swap?

I suppose one involving a JV33 would work also.

I can't afford a couple grand right now for a tech to fly out, which sucks. So it's time to dive in this next week and get it done.

Out There

Got the head swapped out, thanks Neil for the info. Also, if you ever have to do a JV33 or CJV30 head swap, don't sweat it. It's suuuper easy. Glad I didn't fork out a bunch of money for a tech to come out yet.

However it never did solve my problem :(.

It is looking more like the slider board. Did a little resistance testing and TP6 on the ink slider is not giving me any info.

Out There

I followed these instruction I got from a member here.

Turn off and unplug the machine.
Hit the green button a few times and wait 15 mins to discharge everything.

Take off the front cover (head and damper cover only – not the big top cover)

put some app paper on the platen and around the cables etc to protect from ink drops

slide the head over to the middle of the platen (there’s a latch on the right of the head assy)

remove the bracket that holds the head carriage. Just loosen the screws, the bracket then can be taken out.

pull the dampers – learn how to do this properly. pull straight up, don’t wiggle.
Make sure they are labeled for correct order.
wrap them up in a bag to stop drips, also try to not touch the left side of the damper, more ink will flow out if you do.

Undo the 2 toggle retainer screws, pull the latch back and lift the head out.
Careful not to scratch the underside of the head on the latch tab.

Pull the ribbon cables and head memory cable. Be very careful with these, they are very fragile.

remove the head and then reverse procedure.

Check if there’s a head rank written on it, you’ll need to input this later ( I didn’t do this so not sure how?)

I also didn’t bother with slant adjust as it looked pretty good. (if you choose to do a slant test you will need a loupe to magnify the dots.

Just did a drop position adjust and all good.

It’s pretty easy.

Hardest part was not getting ink everywhere when pulling the dampers :)

Masseria

For pulling ink from dampers,
Start machine with service menu. (remote and Function Key while booting for 5 secs)
Open valve from ink catridges and start absorbing it through the damper.
I always clean all the tubes with cleaning solution after i send ink again... so machine is fresh everywhere... to do this replace the ink catridge with a cleaning solution one, and start absorbing like told before (opening each catrdige valve) until the damper and the tubes are clean. repeat on every damper.
Then insert all the ink catridges and absorb the ink.

Always remember that before replacing the Inkhead. you must send cleaning solution to the new one.
Because Printhead from Factory come with a special oil inside to prevent stock clogging.
so remember to take it of (just need a sryinge and tube to fit the inkhead "needles"(dont know how they are called), and with very slow pressure start sending cleaning solution through. then you can make this procces to try to save your old printhead and stock it. for use it on the future.

anything you need just ask.

baijurj

Hello Messeria,
I am not sure if i am late to ask, i have a cjv30-130, it was doing a wonderful job, until one by one colors stopped printing. it started with yellows then cyan then right side magenta...! i suspected it to be a head problem, put in a new head, only to find that now there is nothing. replaced the pump, captop, the head ffc cables....i don't see much ink being pulled through the pump when cleaning....! any ideas? i have run out of mine.

Please help.

Baiju RJ

Masseria

Hello Messeria,
I am not sure if i am late to ask, i have a cjv30-130, it was doing a wonderful job, until one by one colors stopped printing. it started with yellows then cyan then right side magenta...! i suspected it to be a head problem, put in a new head, only to find that now there is nothing. replaced the pump, captop, the head ffc cables....i don't see much ink being pulled through the pump when cleaning....! any ideas? i have run out of mine.

Please help.

Baiju RJ

Attach picture of dampers charge... might be air contamination in the tubes.. this sometimes is caused because of low ink cartridges, no ink but still charge in chip.... might solve it with Fill up function or doing it manual.

Open the valve of the problematic damper/tube, and start absorbing ink.

baijurj

hello Masseria,
thanks, yes i did have some no ink yet printing issues, that is cartridge would be empty but still it would keep printing - blanks.
here i have not yet hanged the dampers. do you want me to attach a picture of the dampers as they sit now? the tubes look all right, i tried pulling ink fro below he caping station, but nothing came except for some air.
what steps would you recommend? also the pump that i replaced isn't in good contact with the motor gear.

your advice will be life saver for me.

Baiju RJ

Masseria

Yes, take a picture and attach to the your post...

Would be nice to see.
Dampers Charge and Tubes.
Cap top.
Nozzle check (test draw).

When you miss a complete nozzle ... most probably is that the damper is with different air pressure than the Ink Cartridge filling the ink tube with air, so this is causing you air contamination in the tubes/damper so you the head will fire air instead of ink...
or some ink..

Hope seeing the pics soon.

baijurj

Hi Messaria,
will post the pics in a moment, can't post the test draw as there is nothing that the machine prints.

Baiju RJ

baijurj

hello Masseria,
was working on the machine till now, and glad to say everything got solved.
a couple of things were completely wrong.

1. the pump was not properly aligned with the motor's gear, fixed that, so that the pump started pulling

2. the dampers had some air bubble in it, mannually charged it,

3. the captop itself was not and is still not straight and is not sealed properly, i had to push with my finger to make it seal properly, but once that done, the test print was excellent, since the head was a brand new one, the print is just great.

thanks again, thanks a lot for the helps..... :)

Masseria

hello Masseria,
was working on the machine till now, and glad to say everything got solved.
a couple of things were completely wrong.

1. the pump was not properly aligned with the motor's gear, fixed that, so that the pump started pulling

2. the dampers had some air bubble in it, mannually charged it,

3. the captop itself was not and is still not straight and is not sealed properly, i had to push with my finger to make it seal properly, but once that done, the test print was excellent, since the head was a brand new one, the print is just great.

thanks again, thanks a lot for the helps..... :)

good to hear that..

Anyway, you can line up captop and wiper with printhead..

baijurj

Hi Masseria,
thanks .... have done that and it looks and prints good after 24 hrs of non stop printing....
thanks once again.

Signal

CJV30 print issues cap station allignment instructions

Hi All,

just started having issues with half of the magenta head missing. have done numerous cleans, nozzle washes etc can anyone help?