• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

[ CJV30] Print > Laminate > Cut ??

thetomsid1

Hello everyone, I need a little bit of help.

Basically what I'm trying to do is print some stickers using the CJV30, then laminate them with my laminator, then after they have been laminated put them through the CJV30 for it to cut.

I have just tried to print one sticker (it has the registered marks printed) with a bit of vinyl, laminated it and when the mimaki tried to cut it it couldn't detect the marks.

Anybody knows what I'm doing wrong?

could it be when I have cut the media off the Mimaki and laminated it, do I have to put the media in the exact same place?

Anyways thanks in advance, Tom.

JJGraphics

When putting the leaf of paper back in the machine, are you in print mode or cut mode when inserting the paper? You should be in cut mode, so after setting the pinch rollers, it automatically goes to mark detect mode and allows you to pinpoint where the first mark is.

The media size has to be equal to, or greater than the original media size when printing. For example: If you had the pinch rollers set such that the original media was 29.28" wide, when you put the material back in the machine, the rollers have to be set such that the machine reads the media size as at least 29.28", otherwise Rasterlink won't let you cut.

thetomsid1

When putting the leaf of paper back in the machine, are you in print mode or cut mode when inserting the paper? You should be in cut mode, so after setting the pinch rollers, it automatically goes to mark detect mode and allows you to pinpoint where the first mark is.

The media size has to be equal to, or greater than the original media size when printing. For example: If you had the pinch rollers set such that the original media was 29.28" wide, when you put the material back in the machine, the rollers have to be set such that the machine reads the media size as at least 29.28", otherwise Rasterlink won't let you cut.

I have done what you just said, I have printed and laminated then I put it back in the machine while I was in cut mode I put the laser cut mark in the center of the 1st "L" mark, then I press enter it detects all four marks. After that I put the machine in remote go back to my computer and back on Coreldraw I select all objects click on plot (Finecut 8 plugin) there I just select the cut line layer and click OK.

That has finally got it to cut however, it is cutting off line? Any idea why? solutions?

Thanks, Tom

31legen

Cutting with cvj

I do almost all my cutting through rasterlink. It is a little more accurate than through finecut from what I've noticed. Make sure you are selecting detect reg. marks when in finecut. If not it doesn't know the alignment of the media.

bloobird0

I have done what you just said, I have printed and laminated then I put it back in the machine while I was in cut mode I put the laser cut mark in the center of the 1st "L" mark, then I press enter it detects all four marks. After that I put the machine in remote go back to my computer and back on Coreldraw I select all objects click on plot (Finecut 8 plugin) there I just select the cut line layer and click OK.

That has finally got it to cut however, it is cutting off line? Any idea why? solutions?

Thanks, Tom

In finecut, you should select BOTH cut layer AND register rmark layer. Have you done this? Or did you only select the cut layer?

thetomsid1

Just to let everyone know I have managed to do it, thanks for all the replies :thumb:

If anyone else is wondering how:

- Set up your document with the registered marks & cut lines;
- Send to rasterlink with the print & cut boxes selected;
- In rasterlink click on rip & print only;
- Laminate;
- After printing and laminating, put the vinyl back in the machine and in cut mode move the laser of the cutter to the center of one of the "L" Marks and click enter;
-It should detect all of the marks;
-Go back to Rasterlink and finish the job by clicking cut only.

P.S If you gonna cut through laminate -> You will have to adjust the pressure of the blade! I have been using 50G for normal cutting, so I doubled it to cut through laminate.

MangoPRI

Great info, do you move the laser via the arrow keys on mark detection?

I'm a newbie and asked this same question earlier. Still working my way through the manual

myront

CorelDRAW is best
Yes, use the arrow keys to line up. Be sure and get the reg marks lined up as close as possible before dropping the pinch rollers. The closer you get it initially the better. I use the cut off blade as a guide as it's about the same thickness as the reg mark. Line up the blade with the left or right reg mark tape that side down then move over to the other and keep going back and forth. Been using the CorelDRAW FineCut plugin for years with no problems.

MangoPRI

Great thanks. I use finecut for Illustrator too. Only had machine 6 weeks or so. Haven't purchased the laminator yet.

Do you mean the blade that cuts the paper off when finished?

UB Studios

If anyone can chime in, Im having the same issue as thetomsid1 except I'm not laminating. Just trying to get it to cut a print with reg marks that errored out after print. I did almost the same exact steps

- Set up document for cut/print in illustrator w/ finecut > output to rasterlink6
- In rasterlink6, I setup type2 registration marks, arranged 2 designs, clicked on cut > rip & print
- it printed fine, dried, found marks, and then errored out about failed reg marks
- marks are set to .39" so theyre not small and I didnt want the print piece to go to waste
- read the manual, manually detected type2 marks successfully and aligned start point, set it back to remote
- Go back to Rasterlink, click cut only, then fails again
- Once again manually detect marks and align start point, set it back to remote
- In rasterlink, I disabled "find reg marks" in hopes it would perfectly align. It started cutting but wasnt aligned so I stopped it.
- Once again manually detect marks and align start point, set it back to remote
- In rasterlink, enabled "find reg marks" again, click cut only, then fails again.

I just started using the printer 2 weeks ago and am a quick learner, but this issue is kicking me down

MangoPRI

Have you gone into cutter menu settings and changed mark detect from off to 1pt (on)?

This gives you a red light below the detection lens. Just come across it after having error MARKDETECT 36-C.