• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Classes other than Ryonet?

Kcinnick

I would love to get some hands on time with a press, does anyone offer classes other than Ryonet? I would love to take a one or two day class with Ryonet, but I can't fit their locations and dates into my schedule.

after reading your other post i would encourage you to attend sgia it's in new orleans next month, i just checked the vendor list and there is multiple screenprint equipment manufacturers registered. you can see all of the latest and greatest and the salesman can talk you into everything our community has tried to be very honest with you about.

i would avoid buying any of those all in one units or kits...i know you said you want to learn..you will have an expensive piece of 'equipment' collecting dust.

i would encourage you to write a business plan (including marketing plan..sad that i need to include that part but many don't realize that a business plan includes their marketing plan).

i know this is not a direct response to the question you asked in this thread but i've read both of your your threads and am too lazy to post replies to both.

in lieu of a class you may want to find someone in a neighboring state (so they dont view you as direct competition) and pay them to let you shadow them for a few days in their working shop. i would try very hard to find a shop that is doing what you intend to do, where it is an owner/operator and not a fully staffed shop, so you see ALL of the realities of the endeavour you are thinking about jumping into.

Kcinnick

Thanks for the reply.

I really don't know what I want to do yet, like I said in the other thread I am just brainstorming, and getting pretty beat up for brainstorming.

Once I learn a few things I will be able to get a business plan together. I have been compiling spreadsheets with material costs, equipment costs, retail prices, etc. Its not much to do, I already had the basic layouts done from other projects.

I have helped others make business plans for different businesses, and they always underestimate expenses, thus overestimating profits.

I will look into sgia in New Orleans.