• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Clean & Lubricate Carriage Rails

Scotchbrite

No comment
We've run into the trouble with repeated alerts from our L26500 to clean and lubricate the carriage rails. I read some of the solutions posted previously in the forum, so I have a handle on rectifying the problem.

But I'm thinking it seems like cleaning and lubing the rails should be done with some sort of frequency and not just when the machine tells us to. Seems like the same thing applied to the L25500.

How often are some of you all doing the clean and lube on your L25/26500's?

sowinski_t

I do it roughly every 2-3 weeks. I give the whole inside of the machine a quick clean at the same time... Never had a warning since we got the machine about 5 months ago.

Scotchbrite

No comment
I'm thinking we might go to every 2-3 weeks. Not heavy printing, but the machine usually runs a solid 6hrs minimum each day.

When we started getting the alerts every morning last week, I pulled the felts off the side of the carriage and they were really black from pickup up the ink over spray off the rail. I figured that was a good indicator we needed to increase the frequency just for the sake of cleaning the rails as much as lubing them.

cooltouch

X2 change the felts. Had the same proble where we were lubricating and cleaning daily. Once we changed the felts it went back to normal.

BratHarley

L26500 Printhead Container Cleaning

Need help, my machine prompted me printhead container need cleaning. What shall I do? Is there any video that will guide to go through the cleaning process?

any help is appreciated. Thanks guys

sowinski_t

What else do you clean on the inside of the machine?

Mainly the platen. I try to keep it free of the "dust" (I believe it is dried airborne ink) that collects on it. I will also give the cutting channel a quick clean with a toothbrush to get rid of any debris in there. The little vacuum holes also get cleaned out with a toothpick if they are clogged with something. Also, I make sure the media strike detector thing (the reflector on the side of the carriage) is clean, as well as the optical sensor window. I use a clean cloth with a bit of iso on those.