Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Cleaning cartridges

Discussion in 'Mutoh' started by midnightmadman, Jul 21, 2019.

1. midnightmadman

midnightmadman Active Member

Aug 4, 2008
    Westtown, NY
    Does anyone have a rough idea how much fluid needs to be left in a cleaning cartridge to run a cleaning on a 1204. I have 1 full and 3 about half and don't want to run it if that's not enough for the 3
    Thanks!

Tags:
  2. henryp

henryp Member

Sep 25, 2006
    Sydney Australia
    If you are thinking of flushing the ink system by performing a Head Wash (now called a Longstore on newer models) procedure through the printer's control panel, you will need a full set of new cleaning cartridges,

3. midnightmadman

midnightmadman Active Member

Aug 4, 2008
    Westtown, NY
    Yes
    I’m installing a new head & maintenance station and wanted to flush the system because it’s been sitting with no head for a couple months
    My other question is am I risking anything if I do this with the new head installed ? Or am I better off just pulling or something different ???

4. henryp

henryp Member

Sep 25, 2006
    Sydney Australia
    I would not want old stale ink to pass through the new print head

5. DSD

DSD Member

Henry. Since you say there is no head it will be sufficient. I would hook up my syringe with a y connection to bottom of both same color dampers. You can connect directly to the ink lines without dampers. It all depends on what connectors you have. I would the put the cartridge in the slot. you can pull as much cleaning fluid through as you want. make sure you pull the cartridge out as you are finished puling to empty the line out.