• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Cleaning deflecting heads (Toshiba TEC)

growler

Hey guys n gals,

looking for people input to cleaning deflected nozzles, specifically the Océ 460GT which runs the Toshiba Tec CE2 head for me, but happy to gather information for all heads so other people may learn some tricks too!

I have followed the Océ guides, and while they work, it's very wasteful and time consuming. What I am wondering is if anyone has any little tricks they have learnt or done themselves.

I know Artbot is an advocate on NMP with KM heads, which I used with great results on my previous printer. I am after this same sort of stuff!

I have heard just a swab with IPA (99%) works wonders on them, but would like to get a little feedback before I go start doing things like this, don't want to chew 1 of these heads up on a case of exploration!

Thanks for any input :D

Cheers, G

SignMeUpGraphics

Super Active Member
We alternate between swabbing our 360GT heads with IPA and Océ flush solution.
Our engineer claims that the flush solution is stronger than IPA, but for some reason I can clear deflections and blockages much faster with 99.9% IPA.
After 12 months, the heads are still fine swabbing with IPA every few days.

growler

We alternate between swabbing our 360GT heads with IPA and Océ flush solution.
Our engineer claims that the flush solution is stronger than IPA, but for some reason I can clear deflections and blockages much faster with 99.9% IPA.
After 12 months, the heads are still fine swabbing with IPA every few days.

So you just swab in the same fashion with the ink dripping through the head, or just swab with no ink?

SignMeUpGraphics

Super Active Member
I would generally swab with no ink... occasionally I'll dip a swap into isopropyl and hold it against any deflecting jets for about 20 seconds to let it absorb and loosen anything up.
I'll then perform a purge and vacuum the excess off. Works wonders.

growler

I would generally swab with no ink... occasionally I'll dip a swap into isopropyl and hold it against any deflecting jets for about 20 seconds to let it absorb and loosen anything up.
I'll then perform a purge and vacuum the excess off. Works wonders.

Perfect, thanks for this mate!