• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Cleaning Gerber gx15 rollers

alistair

What’s the best way to clean GX15 rollers? I know not to use anything too harsh like acetone or alcohol but what can I use?

James Burke

Being a grandpa is more fun than working
Carefully peel off any scraps of vinyl or other debris from the drum, and wipe it down with a (water only) damp lint-free cloth. DO NOT USE ANY CHEMICALS AT ALL!

Once the drum is totally dry, I typically give it a light dusting of corn-starch based baby powder to help reduce the stickiness (typical with older drums). I place a small amount of powder in a bowl and carefully apply it with a paper towel a little at a time.

Be careful not to get any powder on the guide rails or excessive powder down into the upper deck. The upper deck is partitioned off from the electronics down below, so don't worry if a little bit falls down between the drum.

So long as there isn't any damage to the drum you should be fine.

JB

Last edited: