• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Clear coating UV printed signs

RoCo

Hoping for some input on clear coating UV printed sign blanks for extra protection. Any problems or recommendations from others out there?

I'm running an HP FB6100 with OEM inks which I have confidence will last 2-3 years printed as-is, but client was inquiring about extra protection and longevity. I've always had this nightmare vision of a clearcoat eventually eating away at the UV ink, bubbling up and falling off.

S'N'S

I have a friend who owns a panel shop and when I have a job that I'm not sure of I just make some samples about 6" square and get him to lay a few coats of clear 2K the next time he's clearing coating a car (which is every day). I've been surprised at what fries under 2k and what doesn't.

visual800

I clear coat most prints I prefer to clear over unlaminated prints. my clear is dc 2021 its a high solids clear and I always dust over the prints and ALWAYS clean them with water only and lightly scuff with worn out scotchbrite I MEAN LIGHTLY....after disting I put regular coat on it, I have no issues and the longest sign out is about5 years old now with no issues.

I clearcoat over vinyl all the time and thses digital prints should be no different