• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Clear Latex Vinyl

rjssigns

What is the end use?

For fishing lure tags we just print on laminate. Oracal 290GF should work. It is optically clear.

BigfishDM

Merchant Member
I can send you a sample of my optically clear and you can see what happens in latex, I never tried it but it might just work

Matt-Tastic

Oracal has numerous vinyls that you can order in a clear. The highest one i'm sure of is 3651C, which is calendared, but they may have a 3751C or 3951C. You can check.

TheLairdGuy

Hey Ditchmiester! I saw your post here and wanted to clear up some points.

How important is it for the vinyl to be "optically clear?"

The reason I ask is because typically a manufacturer won't list their material as "optically clear" unless it meets whatever tests they have for determining that level of optical clarity. And normally the only vinyl to recieve the "optically clear" label is going to be cast.

That being said, there are plenty of calendered vinyls which are very clear; they just won't have the "optically clear" tag on them.

Bly

We've done this.
Doesn't need to be optically clear.
Any lam will do.
Get a piece and do a test.

Ditchmiester

Okay, We had used our Gerber Edge FX to print these signs. We print on Oracal 951. Is there a latex vinyl that is transparent and comparable to Oracal 951?