Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Clear Plastic Cards?

Discussion in 'Product and Supplier Referrals' started by VolunteerSign, Nov 13, 2012.

1. VolunteerSign

VolunteerSign Member

Jun 5, 2012
    I have a client needing / wanting some clear plastic "membership" cards that are printed in full-color. As if that isn't enough...they also want them numbered from 001-500. Anyone?

Tags:
  2. iSign

iSign Verboten

Nov 29, 2003
    Kahului, Maui
    why clear?
    frosted maybe?

4 color process inks are translucent, and of course don't include white.... does your client understand that this job would look great when you set the card on a white piece of paper... but if you set it on a mid-tone to dark colored counter top... it will look like crap, and be illegible...

3. VolunteerSign

VolunteerSign Member

Jun 5, 2012
    Yup yup...explained all that to the "kid" that wants them lol. He had his heart set on clear...I gave up trying to talk him out of it. It's now to the point of just giving an otherwise good client what they want to make them happy lol.

4. Naskhan

Naskhan New Member

Apr 21, 2011
    You can easily do those on an indigo press and run spot white behind the colors. I have one, pm me if you want pricing.

5. CanuckSigns

CanuckSigns Very Active Member

Nov 11, 2008
    Ontario
    4over does a frosted plastic card