• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Clear repositionable air release vinyl? Anything like it yet?

flyinhawaiian968

Hey all,

I'm curious to know if anyone has seen a repositionable cast vinyl made for printing that is clear. Its a weird request I know, but I'm trying to come up with something a bit unique for a metallic silver vehicle, where the artwork overlays the paint. I've done a bunch of printing over metallic silver and the final product is always interesting, but don't really want to wrap a car in non-air release vinyl, even though I know it can be done.

Any ideas?

Chris

ProWraps

yup saw it on a vehicle we were working on. was strange as hell. have no clue what it was. but it exists.

flyinhawaiian968

That's the one I was looking at just a little while ago, I think I'll get some of that and try it out!

As for printing white, I do not, but our Roland is capable of printing white, we just choose not to lose our LM and LC print heads.

Its unnecessary to print white on light-colored vehicles anyways, this material would work just fine on a bright silver, yellow, light green/blue/red etc vehicle as its light enough to allow the graphics to be seen.

Chris