• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Clearing and saving queues in Versaworks?

SIGNTIME

Alright I have always just deleted the jobs in the queues in VW but I would like to save them on a falsh drive is there and easy way to do this and how?

kanini

You can save the job settings, e.g. layout, print settings, number of copies etc. but you need to have the source file stored on the exact same location the next time you load the job in VW, or it won't work or open. To save the job you select the job you want to store, and then click job-> save. Then you can save this file to a flash drive or wherever you want.
You can also select multiple jobs and save them all as one file.
But remember the thing with the source file, you need to have it on the same place as when you loaded the job into VW the first time. If you have the source file on the flash drive also, load the file into VW and then saves the job you probably are good to go if the drive letter doesn't change on the flash drive if you remove it.

SIGNTIME

Alright well I understand now why when I tried to save a job I couldn't reopen it... that is something roland needs to address. I don't want to fill up my hard drive with these files, maybe we will get another extenal hard drive?

kanini

Yeah, I too stumbled on that issue, so that's why I pointed it out - you only do that mistake once...:banghead:
It would be great to have that feature to point out the source file, or if you could have the option to choose to also save the source file when you save the job (checkbox "Save source file also"). Then you could back up those common jobs more easily and you don't have to worry about where the source file is.

dcurtisroland

Too bad VersaWorks doesn't have the capacity to ask you where the file is now....(hint hint Roland). :cool:

Seems like you guys haven't bothered to explore the 'Save As' window lately. One of the options under 'the 'Save as type' drop-down menu at the bottom of the window is - "RVW Job + Source File." It's been right there under your noses the whole time :wink:

You can save this anywhere on your computer and it brings the source file with it. Good for archiving to keep your queue clean. Give that a shot and see if it helps. :thumb:

-Dana

Attachments

• RVW and source file.jpg
    RVW and source file.jpg
    24 KB · Views: 129

kanini

Niiice, once again Roland surprises me with a clever function! Thank you Dana for pointing this out!! :U Rock: