• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Client count?

threeputt

Do most of you know how many clients you have?

We've archived every job from every client for 22 years now. And I suppose it would be possible to get a count of how many clients we have. But I've never tried to compile that data. Wonder if it would be useful to know.

And for sure, some of our clients have gone out of business, died, moved away, etc.

Just wondering what the average shop has in the way of client count. I know there must be some shops that have only a handful of really big clients.

ChristianSlager

Actually, we just printed our customer list in order to update the information for each, as we are moving our shop and need to send postcards to them. 556 pages, 8 per page. started the database 8 years ago

ChristianSlager

no, there is a <one time sale> client where the kid who wants a decal for his car, or the folks that want a plaque for their house number gets filed under...

TheSnowman

I have a folder w/ every customers designs in it, so I'd just have to see how many folders I have. I suppose quickbooks would tell me too. I've probably only had about 5 walk ins in the past four years.

mark in tx

I'd look through quickbooks, but I suppose there have been a few cash and carry jobs that went directly to pizza.

Letterbox Mike

We ran that report a couple months ago, I can't remember the exact number but it's about 1500 or so over 7 years. I do remember that approx. 75% of our sales came from only about 7-8% of those customers though.