• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Client with odd request.

rjssigns

Client called this morning asking if I am able to print labels with their logo and a target area to be printed by them at a later date. They want us to supply the "blanks" so they can add their info later. It is for replacement parts and some labels information is complicated and varies depending on vendor.
Labels also have to survive an industrial environment.
My initial response was to send me the artwork and the variable data so I can print, cut, lam, but they are bent on doing some of it themselves.

Only thing I can come up with is some type of material I can print with EcoSol that can also be run through a laser printer. They could use their small laminator in the print shop then.

petepaz

we have a few customers that we do similar jobs for. we print the base label and they run it through their laser or thermal printer to add the variable data. normally we hot stamp, silk screen or laser print them. usually on a polyester material either white or matte silver.

Tony McD

Just for kicks, I ran vinyl through a laser copier once...didn't work well.
Took a couple minutes to get the vinyl out of the inside of the machine.

So Pete's idea, or adhesive back paper might be your better choices.

royster13

Just thinking out loud......But I use a inkjet to fill in the blanks on some pre-printed forms....These could not be run through laser printer but the inkjet worked well....Maybe finding a substrate that is better with an ink jet will be an idea....