Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Client with odd request.

Discussion in 'Digital Printing' started by rjssigns, Nov 16, 2012.

1. rjssigns

rjssigns Major Contributor

Jun 4, 2007
    Home Office
    Client called this morning asking if I am able to print labels with their logo and a target area to be printed by them at a later date. They want us to supply the "blanks" so they can add their info later. It is for replacement parts and some labels information is complicated and varies depending on vendor.
    Labels also have to survive an industrial environment.
    My initial response was to send me the artwork and the variable data so I can print, cut, lam, but they are bent on doing some of it themselves.

Only thing I can come up with is some type of material I can print with EcoSol that can also be run through a laser printer. They could use their small laminator in the print shop then.

Tags:
  2. petepaz

petepaz Major Contributor

Feb 14, 2007
    NJ/NY/PA
    we have a few customers that we do similar jobs for. we print the base label and they run it through their laser or thermal printer to add the variable data. normally we hot stamp, silk screen or laser print them. usually on a polyester material either white or matte silver.

3. Tony McD

Tony McD Member

Sep 13, 2006
    Camdenton, Missouri
    Just for kicks, I ran vinyl through a laser copier once...didn't work well.
    Took a couple minutes to get the vinyl out of the inside of the machine.

So Pete's idea, or adhesive back paper might be your better choices.

4. rjssigns

Jun 4, 2007
    Home Office
    Thanks guys!
    petepaz what poly material do you run?

5. Sooner Printing

Sooner Printing Member

Jun 29, 2011
    Contact your local paper warehouse for "crack n peel"

6. rjssigns

Jun 4, 2007
    Home Office
    Will check that this week.

7. royster13

royster13 Very Active Member

Apr 3, 2009
    Montrose BC
    Just thinking out loud......But I use a inkjet to fill in the blanks on some pre-printed forms....These could not be run through laser printer but the inkjet worked well....Maybe finding a substrate that is better with an ink jet will be an idea....