• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Clients are idiots

jtinker

Owner
Every time I decide to help a client out with a decent design I get reminded of how painfully idiotic they are sometimes. I created this layout and the client came in with major attitude and nitpicked it down to barebones, akin to something you would do in Microsoft word. She paid for the design, its what she likes but I still just dont understand the logic :/

Attachments

• The Soup Shack Pro.jpg
    The Soup Shack Pro.jpg
    842 KB · Views: 706
  • The Soup Shack.jpg
    The Soup Shack.jpg
    346.7 KB · Views: 679

DerbyCitySignGuy

My guess is it went something like this:

Customer: "Make it say: blah, blah, blah, and blah."
"All of that text isn't going to fit."
Customer: "Make it smaller."
"You're going to have different sizes in your type..."
Customer: "Looks fine to me."

Also, okra is spelled wrong.

AKwrapguy

Every time I decide to help a client out with a decent design I get reminded of how painfully idiotic they are sometimes. I created this layout and the client came in with major attitude and nitpicked it down to barebones, akin to something you would do in Microsoft word. She paid for the design, its what she likes but I still just dont understand the logic :/

Sometimes you just fix stupid.....

MrTopgun21

I've been in the createfeild since 1989, I could tell you some stories. Some just make you say "Are you freaking serious!?!?" Ugh can't fix stupid.

JR's

I here you, Jtinker.
you can cry on my shoulder. I understand. Don't go by the rest of the people here. All of their clients are perfect.

If we would reverse the situation. It would be like going to her and saying I want the recipe for the perfect soup.
She hands you a recipe that would make a man that was stuck out in the desert for a month mouth water.
And then you say you know what would be good in his soup, how about some wood chips. Yeah yeah woodchips.

She says no wood chips won't be good. You say yeah yeah I'm thinking wood chips.

Last edited:

TXFB.INS

what is "souse" in relevance to this company?
I mean souse is head cheese pickled in vinegar. and the customer version primary lists soups?

IMO your version is better, however, it is too busy, would prefer the design more if the food pictures were deleted

Rick

Certified Enneadecagon Designer
I know it may not be the same "pea" soup, but the best friggin pea soup logo on the planet is Anderson's Split Pea...

Attachments

• 2894565712_d96094a3b0_b.jpg
    2894565712_d96094a3b0_b.jpg
    202.4 KB · Views: 590

asd

I believe the right term is KISS keep it simple stupid, joking aside most of the time people have a simple way of seeing things, the easier it is to remember the more they like it, I got to say your design is great, but in this business customer gets, what customer likes.

jtinker

Owner
You have no idea how many questions were brought up in the office. I was talking with the husband. He was cool with the design and he sends his wife and her sister over to confirm. She sits over my shoulder and makes it look like what she sent us, which was something she had actually created in Microsoft word. I thought it was just for reference. Nope!

GAC05

Quit buggin' me
Can you order a side of 'fastpass to the nearest cardiac care unit' with those soups?
Wife is currently on a cholesterol lowering health kick & I am part of the resistance.