Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Close a Cover message

Discussion in 'Mimaki' started by jaly723, Aug 17, 2011.

1. jaly723

jaly723 Member

Jun 20, 2011
    Memphis, TN
    Mimaki JV3 printer is giving me the error message to close a cover. I cannot do anything else. ANy ideas on whats wrong.

Tags:
  2. NEGD

NEGD Member

Jun 7, 2011
    What did you do BEFORE it gave you this error message?

3. J Hill Designs

J Hill Designs Major Contributor

Sep 24, 2004
    I would say....sorry for the smarta$$ remark...that you need to close the cover

4. jayhawksigns

jayhawksigns Very Active Member

Jan 8, 2005
    Kansas
    On our 160S there is a sensor on the right side by the control panel, if you somehow broke that, then either you are calling a tech or opening the printer up.

5. Webby

Webby New Member

Jun 7, 2011
    Most of the JV3 I have worked with we have unscrewed the metal clip on the right side of the cover, removed it and have taped it down to the magnetic stips that it sets on when closed. This allows the cover to remain open and help with any unintentional bumping of the unit that causes this error. Also this would solve your problem if your cover got slightly knocked out of alinement by a bump or leveling issue.

6. SignaramaFL

SignaramaFL Member

Feb 7, 2011
    I get this sometimes when I move my Mimaki, I just hit the enter key and it goes away.

7. jaly723

jaly723 Member

Jun 20, 2011
    Memphis, TN
    got it figured out

THere must have been something on the magnetic piece for it not to read. I cleaned it off and stuck it back on to the magnetic piece and it works fine now. Thanks for your help.

8. mustafade

mustafade Member

Aug 13, 2010
    +1
    lol.