• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Close a Cover message

jaly723

Mimaki JV3 printer is giving me the error message to close a cover. I cannot do anything else. ANy ideas on whats wrong.

jayhawksigns

On our 160S there is a sensor on the right side by the control panel, if you somehow broke that, then either you are calling a tech or opening the printer up.

Webby

Most of the JV3 I have worked with we have unscrewed the metal clip on the right side of the cover, removed it and have taped it down to the magnetic stips that it sets on when closed. This allows the cover to remain open and help with any unintentional bumping of the unit that causes this error. Also this would solve your problem if your cover got slightly knocked out of alinement by a bump or leveling issue.

jaly723

got it figured out

THere must have been something on the magnetic piece for it not to read. I cleaned it off and stuck it back on to the magnetic piece and it works fine now. Thanks for your help.