• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

close cover

Dave Stacey

Hi I've got a roland SP540V . I took the cover off for maintenance but now it gives the "close cover" message when I put it back on. Does any one have a suggestion of what can be wrong

Thanks

rjssigns

Probably not seated correctly. I have the same printer and the cover by the controls is fussy to put on. Slide over the pins, lower it evenly until it touches then push down until it clicks into place. The cover on the other end takes some finesse to get seated correctly also. When you get it right it sits flat all the way around and there is some play. On bot guards put the screws in gently. No need to crank them down.

Dave Stacey

thanks

I've tried everything I can think of. On the top right hand side with the cover off,there appears to be a sort of switch that I put a piece of cardboard in to try & fool the machine the cover is on.

Thanks

MikeD

There are similar switches on our Mimaki. One of them was broken, and we could not operate the printer. Instead of waiting on a new switch, we disconnected the switch and closed the circuit with a wire nut.

That worked for me, but I do not know how your machine would react.

Be careful, and good luck!