• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

CM3 can't connect to CorelDraw

ChaseO

Premium Subscriber
Hello, I recently ungraded plotters and handed my CE6000 down to one of my employees. I always used CM3 with Corel X6 at my computer, but I can't seem to make it work on her machine with the same programs. When I go to the application launcher from Corel and try to send the file to CM3, it immediately pops up and says unable to connect. What am I missing or doing wrong?

Graphtec customer support won't call me back, but with a simple issue, I figured some of you may have ran into it before. I did fail at hooking to plotter up with a COM port, so now it is plugged in with a USB and I have the plotter talking to CM3, just not CM3 to Corel. I do have CM4 that came with my new machine, but for simplicity sake I was just trying to go with what I knew worked...

ChaseO

Premium Subscriber
Well, I gave up with CM3 and installed CM4, but there are still some bugs. Corel seems to be working with CM4 better, but now I am only able to cut one file at a time and it won't read the width of material from the plotter. I'm supposed to have the sales guy that sold me the new machine try to help, so fingers crossed.